NRL corrupt

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved the one in the first half, tits were on our line, slow play the ball attempt, but the titans player unintentionally does a fake play the ball which of course makes our entire open side offside, he then plays the ball and the ref proceeds to blow a penalty against us, despite other refs giving leeway in that situation. Can't cite the exact rule but pretty sure you can't fake a quick tap or play the ball because it's unfair.

The max king non pass off the ground was blatant, but lucky for the ref the replay played early on the screen so we could challenge...

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Passing off the ground union style ok?

Forearm to the face ok?

A normal tackle called a hip drop with no sin bin resulting to a try majority involving the player giving the forearm to face ok?

Changing a drop out to a 20m restart off a clear rort ok?

3 correct challenges.

All "howlers" right?
Also calling offside while the team is on the try line, giving the tits a 2 point goal.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not enough my friend. It doesn't show the ref getting a paper bag full of cash- just a dumb ref who couldn't see what was obvious.
All it shows is that he is unfit for first grade, and that Tino should be cited by the judiciary for an elbow to the head.
Wow...ok.

Your prerogative sir.

But if it looks like a duck and quack likes a duck, it's result manipulation AKA corruption.

And its not just us, it's all games. They introduce grey areas PURPOSLY to manipulate results to appease the betting agencies AND you get fined for questioning their corruption.

Would love the ICAC to investigate.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also calling offside while the team is on the try line, giving the tits a 2 point goal.
Also forgot they passed off the ground clearly and it's play on but he "suspects" King does the same thing when the ball carrying arm was CLEARLY off the ground and calls it passing off the ground.

If thats not clear corruption I don't know what is.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing better than a team winning against blatant agenda and cheating. It's very rare to see it and even rare for it to be my team. I hate injustice and I felt that win down to my core. Fuk you NRL! Go Dogs!
Yeah boi!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Passing off the ground union style ok?

Forearm to the face ok?

A normal tackle called a hip drop with no sin bin resulting to a try majority involving the player giving the forearm to face ok?

Changing a drop out to a 20m restart off a clear rort ok?

3 correct challenges.

All "howlers" right?
Absolute howlers. The ref was watching the Dogs like a hawk, and being lenient with the Titans. Nothing suggests that he was corrupt, even though we know that some of his decisions were dubious.

We won; so it's hard to make a case that he was being paid to ensure that we lost.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need a strong response to the refereeing from our officials or we look like bitches
I reckon that the Fox team will replay some of his mistakes, and put him under pressure. It will be interesting to see what the TV chat shows make of it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can never have evidence of corruption, they only say bad calls. We never get 50/50 calls either.
We are always under the hammer, with calls that gift our opposition more than 60% possession. 50/50s rarely go our way.
The day that we win off refereeing errors is the day I will celebrate all night.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Refs are corrupted or stupid beyond comprehension, gets put on report for a “hip drop” then goes off for a HIA yet the reason for it stays on.

Tina the POS stays on and flips TPJ yet stays on, watch the corruption when he gets cleared to play for QLD.

Someone needs to lay him flat once and for all, his face boils my blood.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow...ok.

Your prerogative sir.

But if it looks like a duck and quack likes a duck, it's result manipulation AKA corruption.

And its not just us, it's all games. They introduce grey areas PURPOSLY to manipulate results to appease the betting agencies AND you get fined for questioning their corruption.

Provide copies of texts, bank accounts, and photos of meetings, and the police will be in like a shot.
Otherwise it is all circumstantial, which will not stack up in a court of law.

Worse, still - a referee could sue the pants off anyone who publicly calls him corrupt.

I am not defending referees, just pointing out the facts. I will happily support anyone with solid evidence of refs getting paper bags for decisions on field. It would give me no greater pleasure.

I think that refs are blind to some teams, but that is not evidence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Provide copies of texts, bank accounts, and photos of meetings, and the police will be in like a shot.
Otherwise it is all circumstantial, which will not stack up in a court of law.

Worse, still - a referee could sue the pants off anyone who publicly calls him corrupt.
Ok, I'll email them to you...

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...ok.

Your prerogative sir.

Corruption amongst the ref's can be found in their phones i am sure. ICAC should search their phones and they'll find the ducks. Players get drug tested to see if they are cheating, then the teflon ref's should have their phones investigated to see if they are cheating.

Corruption happens in most sports and the NRL is not immuned to it.

If you haven't watched the documentary on Netflix called BAD SPORT - Episode called FOOTBALL GATE i suggest you do. Even the biggest team, club and sporting code in world Football (soccer) was found and proven to be corrupt and working with the referees to influence games.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know about corrupt but some of the refereeing over this whole round has been atrocious…

Disgraceful performances in every game

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is there a conference yet? Surely Ciro says something. I respect Ciro and like him and prefer Gus do his nut than our coach but still should speak up

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
intentional corruption involving reward for deliberately refereeing in favour of one side was not proven by anything shown on the coverage.

A lot of decisions being made that helped the Tits was certainly apparent through my bulldogs glasses.

However, what the boys did do that they have struggled with is scoring enough to overcome those decisions.

Knowing the offside rule would help us do that more often as well.