Opinion Alamoti

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can say the same about Perham. I'm still waiting to see his speed unleashed, and his defence is poor. Can't make metres for us when he gets the ball from a kick.
I'd like to know who actually scouts for us, look at who Bennet got (the hammer) and look who we signed the crab (Perham) and I know he won't be FB next season but were still signing shit players after how many coaches/years.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Having Kikau and Preston settled in our back row, leaves one option lock, if we don't get Ben Hunt or Shaun Johnson then surely we get a ball playing lock, and there is only one available Schuster, Raiders will probably want one of these players also. Don't see Alomoti as a ready to go lock.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's missing a lot of tackles and his effort on that try for Timoko was bad but he's trying his ass off to make up for those mistakes and having Casey outside him the last few weeks wouldn't be helping him..

Maybe he does need a few games in Reserves at some stage if he can't improve his defence but there are a few others I'd be dropping first.. He's had an up and down season like most 19 year olds. Let's not forget the good things he's done this season too..
Especially the two trys he set up for Jac against the tigers I think!!

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When did 1st grade become a place for players who are a work in progress?

That’s what NSW Cup is about, that’s where players play who are a work in progress & then they only step up to 1st grade when they’re 1st grade ready or needed because of injuries ..

I like Alamoti but from what I’ve seen he’s not ready, to me his stats after 10 games tell the story.

1 try, 16 tackle busts, 80% tackle efficiency & 130 av run metres.

Those stats should be …

4 try’s, 40 tackle busts, 93% tackle efficiency & 160 av run metres.

At 19 he needs to step back and be a work in progress in NSW cup, work hard on how to get more power into his game, improve his defence and run metres, come back when he’s 21.

If he gets another offer & not willing to wait well not much we can do about that.

Time to be ruthless and get an only winning is acceptable attitude ..
Unfortunately we have been in the "close enough is good enough" mindset over the past 5 years that is really just a loser mindset

I'm sure Gus and CC are working on changing that, where close enough ISN'T good enough anymore

We hold out hope for young guys coming through, maybe biased about their strengths and potential, and we all have our favourites who we "hope" will make it, but really we need NRL standard players that really contribute to the success of the team

We need hardened first graders and when a youngster comes into the team he is ready and can contribute

We haven't been in that position for the past 5 years but I feel things are finally changing.

I "hope" Alamoti and Averillo kick on but if that means more stints in NSW Cup to work on certain parts of their game, so be it

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They rush them to FG to keep them from jumping to another team. They think they are entitled.
Wish they’d bring back proper reserve grade where younger players could get a taste of what 1st grades like & injured players had to play until they proved they were in form ..

Really made 1st grade players consistently play their best footy knowing if they dropped back to reggies whoever took their spot might do a better job & keep it ..

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is better suited to the right side in attack, but at this stage like a lot of young centres struggles in defence. Im willing to be patient and would like to see him on the right, with Avo left centre or fullback.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wish they’d bring back proper reserve grade where younger players could get a taste of what 1st grades like & injured players had to play until they proved they were in form ..

Really made 1st grade players consistently play their best footy knowing if they dropped back to reggies whoever took their spot might do a better job & keep it ..
I'd love to go back to jersey flegg, reserves and FG all on the same day.

At least the whole club will be together and staff can keep an eye on everyone.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Slowamotis only role moving forward is to feed JAC. Will never dominate a game on his own.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla Sharks forum confident that Averillo will sign with them, as they are 1 of the 5 clubs chasing him. Hope they can take the bitch. He scores 2 long-range fluke tries and thinks he's Papenhuyzen. He never makes metres with carries like Alamoti and Kiraz. He's always scared of contact and has the worse defence.

1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. Alamoti
4. Xerri
5. Foxxy
6. Oloapu
7. Burto

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd love to go back to jersey flegg, reserves and FG all on the same day.

At least the whole club will be together and staff can keep an eye on everyone.
Best days.

Even watching the HM/SG/Womans has a good feeling about it when they do it sometimes, imagine going back to the OG days.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cronulla Sharks forum confident that Averillo will sign with them, as they are 1 of the 5 clubs chasing him. Hope they can take the bitch. He scores 2 long-range fluke tries and thinks he's Papenhuyzen. He never makes metres with carries like Alamoti and Kiraz. He's always scared of contact and has the worse defence.

1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. Alamoti
4. Xerri
5. Foxxy
6. Oloapu
7. Burto
the cronulla back 5 are all signed on long term contracts

ramien is 100% better then avo and talakai is a weapon he already has over 10 assists

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the cronulla back 5 are all signed on long term contracts

ramien is 100% better then avo and talakai is a weapon he already has over 10 assists
They'll end up shifting Talakai to an edge...

If Averillo wants to leave for more money then c ya later. Plenty of options available.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. Alamoti
4. Xerri
5. Foxxy
6. Oloapu
7. Burto
Thats whats disappointing about the kid.. Alamoti is 3 years his junior and carts the ball up like a forward. If Avo was a goer like Jmoz then he would be a gun.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'll end up shifting Talakai to an edge...

If Averillo wants to leave for more money then c ya later. Plenty of options available.
We have Jordan Samrani coming up the grades who is tougher and better than Averillo. We got him from Cronulla i believe and lebanese like Kiraz.

Reactions: ATT

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats whats disappointing about the kid.. Alamoti is 3 years his junior and carts the ball up like a forward. If Avo was a goer like Jmoz then he would be a gun.
I can't believe people want Averillo over Alamoti. No one used to like him until he scored 2 fluke long range tries against the Dragons. Also, he scores of a kick against the Raiders and other than that, he played shit.

He never scores 1 on 1 on other centres. He's weak, scared of the contact isn't a centre.

Alamoti is just 19 and built like a 23-30 year old centre. Makes metres, is tough and scores hard tries.