Worst Defence In the Competition

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injuries, lack of playing same team week in week out… people need to realise that it takes time to defend next to a new player every week. Once the team begins to finally play back to back matches with the same line up then defence will get better.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really shattered with our defence this has dragged on from previous years and is a major concern.
We have no mongrel in defence
Refereee didn’t give us a look in at all today.
Positive we fought till the end .
Negative learn to tackle FFS

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Really shattered with our defence this has dragged on from previous years and is a major concern.
We have no mongrel in defence
Refereee didn’t give us a look in at all today.
Positive we fought till the end .
Negative learn to tackle FFS
I think our discipline in defence is also what kills us

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some of those tries were shockingly soft, I notice once again the commentators make little to no mention of our injuries and 4 day turnaround after a gutsy win last Sunday, and we were still in it til the end.

I'm sure we all watched this team the past 6 years, a team from that era would have lost 34-6. Good point about CC as a defensive coach tho.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
add thompson kikau and ado carr to our starting team and we're heaps better defensively not to mention we have players playing injured as well
For sure injuries have caused instability in the side and combinations have been slower to form, players not in cohesion at times

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could set a defensive record this year at this rate

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We have the worst defence in the competition, yet our coach is known as an excellent defensive coach, what can we put it down to?

258 points against to date
Players playing busted and injuries, hard to be tight defensively when you’re constantly rotating players in and out of your starting side.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Players playing busted and injuries, hard to be tight defensively when you’re constantly rotating players in and out of your starting side.
If you see the tries we conceeded though, most were let in due to poor defensive reads by uninjured players, i think there is far more to it

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JAC instead of Casey and it’s a different game. Defense was poor because of reserve grade quality players, not in general.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you see the tries we conceeded though, most were let in due to poor defensive reads by uninjured players, i think there is far more to it
There is more to it, the players that are injured aren’t on the field …

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Also pretty sure before today we r bottom 3 for points scored. When u throw in today's scoreline it really shows @Flanagun has let us down
That’s your takeaway from that shithouse performance? Give me strength!