Have you ever considered switching teams?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just wondering with all the agony attached to the club, if you have considered switching teams?

My friend just texted me to see that he is now an Eels supporter after 15+ years of supporting the Bulldoggs from when he was 7years old. I tried to talk him into co-support, the sensible solution, but I failed.

The last two years I have seen a few friends cross over. Almost always Roosters or Parra.

I know an old poster I chatted too that doesnt post here anymore and I asked why and he logged in to say his heart gravitates toward the Raiders now. So it seems its happening.

Has anyone here cosidered it or having these thoughts?

-Nasheed (He/Him).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone genuinely thinking like that shouldn't be a dogs supporter anyways. Once you're a dog you're a dog for life.
I hate disloyalty myself but I don’t see why this necessarily have to be the case.
If you’re just switching to the eels because they win more than us it’s wrong, but what if you live in Brisbane and Redcliffe enter?

What if the club you support changes radically? Doggs is in that bracket actually.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hate disloyalty myself but I don’t see why this necessarily have to be the case.
If you’re just switching to the eels because they win more than us it’s wrong, but what if you live in Brisbane and Redcliffe enter?

What if the club you support changes radically? Doggs is in that bracket actually.
It'll swing around. It's almost a certainty that in 5-10 years from now a lot of the top teams now will be struggling. So they just going to change teams again? They going to come back to the Dogs when we're successful? I just don't see how you can genuinely support and ride the highs and loss of the team you support if you're that fickle. Even if dogs were forced out of the competition I wouldn't support another team.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Never switching teams, closest I got when contemplating quitting following nrl all together. Then I think, nah FK this year we will be better. It usually isnt.
If the doggs got kicked out I’d just support south’s.
If south’s also went I’d support the sharks.
If sharks went too, I’ll probably support the tigers, but at this point I’ll be asking questions wtf is going on with all these cut teams?