Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You make good points. Re Okky, the fact we didn't notice him in particular means he didn't make mistakes for which he is renown. Much better suited as a forward so he doesn't have to catch a high ball, rather than a winger.
We are also seeing an evolution in the game, in the use of more utility type players. From the bench, Okky can bring it out of yardage, like a winger, and make tackles in the middle as a middle forward. Many players are showing adaptability, to be used however a team needs them. Many players also seem to be roving around. Nu Brown is a ball playing running lock, or a hooker, whatever is needed, and Grub moved into lock yesterday when KO came on.
Waddell has been reliable in most games, he's found a home on that RHS, but his strength is probably best as a middle, as when Kikks is back, Kikks moves to LHS, moving Preston to right edge.
Every team needs solid players to fill that low end of the salary cap space. They cant all be overpriced stars. These two are offering some value and could end up holding their respective jobs at the club. Guess we will see.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If the plan the whole off-season was to turn Okunbor into a forward then why didn't they just pick Okunbor in the backrow for NSW Cup for the first 10 rounds to get him use to it? Makes no sense.
Quite possibly would have been the case except for injuries, Kikau, Brown, Pele, Patolo and Thompson, meaning Okunbor is basically 6th man up.

Always a Bulldog

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its Burns who has shit tons of injuries all the time and its a 5 day turn around so you’re probably correct that he would miss out. Skelton will have to be selected if thats the case but that lookin eshay Casey still in the side makes me feel sick.
It could get worse and they move Okonbor to wing.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It could get worse and they move Okonbor to wing.
I think we learned from the parra game to never have him out wide again. If he is selected @ wing than we are asking to lose and i’ve yet again got new questions on selections within the team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm hopeful Ciraldo has learned his lesson with Okunbur on the wing as he brought Casey in ahead of him after the Parra game and kept Okunbur on the bench. Okunbur should never play wing again. Problem is Casey hasn't been much better and Skelton offers a lot more. With Burns out hopefully Skelton gets a chance now.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we learned from the parra game to never have him out wide again. If he is selected @ wing than we are asking to lose and i’ve yet again got new questions on selections within the team.
I think most of us learnt years ago yet every new coach seems to select him. It’s as if they have never seen him play.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Quite possibly would have been the case except for injuries, Kikau, Brown, Pele, Patolo and Thompson, meaning Okunbor is basically 6th man up.

Always a Bulldog
Should be at least 10th :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think most of us learnt years ago yet every new coach seems to select him. It’s as if they have never seen him play.
They all must think...I'm gonna prove myself here...I'm gonna be THE coach to turn this guy into a firstgrader.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What CC will do...

1. Perham
2. Casey (fkn putrid)
3. Avo
4. Alamoti
5. Knockonmor (fkn putrid)

17. Skelton

6-16 will remain the same.

Only change will be a forced one to cover Burns injury.
I think we need to use Avo as we have lately by switching between centre and wing. Problem is who do we now have that has the passing skills and confidence to give Avo those long passes or passes that hit the mark like Burns has been?

Who you mentioned are probably our only options in those positions but I would like to see 'setup plays' where maybe Burton can quickly shift into the centres and provide those long passes or kicks over the top (like he has done with JAC) to allow Avo to do his thing. Avo will burn Rapana if given the right balls. Burton is the man to do it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I think we need to use Avo as we have lately by switching between centre and wing. Problem is who do we now have that has the passing skills and confidence to give Avo those long passes or passes that hit the mark like Burns has been?

Who you mentioned are probably our only options in those positions but I would like to see 'setup plays' where maybe Burton can quickly shift into the centres and provide those long passes or kicks over the top (like he has done with JAC) to allow Avo to do his thing. Avo will burn Rapana if given the right balls. Burton is the man to do it.
Thought Rapana plays right wing

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
in more evidence the NRL has some kind of agenda against us, another short turnaround for us… we should be playing a weekend game or against a team that also played Sunday.
EXCEPT….The NRL doesn’t do the draw.
So, no, no agenda (or proof thereof) :-).

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raiders also knocked on 3 tackles before they were given the shot at penalty goal as admitted by Graham Analslay
This shit.
So over that! Ffs like nrl is so incompetent! They have all the technology and a ref literally watching all angles and they still manage to dud teams, they’re gonna ruin a gf soon just like the 6 again tackle that year it’s a joke how stupid the ***** can be !

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ridiculous scheduling....last to play last week's round, first to play this week's round.

Yep you can't put brains in status.
that's the second time that's happened this season.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What CC will do...

1. Perham
2. Casey (fkn putrid)
3. Avo
4. Alamoti
5. Knockonmor (fkn putrid)

17. Skelton

6-16 will remain the same.

Only change will be a forced one to cover Burns injury.
fukn better not!
Time for Skelton