Andrew Davey joins Parramatta Eels from Bulldogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was actually thinking the same if the article referred to us .

Hearing CC in some of the press conferences stating that some players have to be playing with injuries leads to be believe the article was referring to us .

If that’s the case , good riddance . We don’t want these types here when we’re trying to rebuild a winning culture and in the midst of our injury crisis , releasing a forward immediately speaks volumes
Was Dave forced to go out there with a broken finger last week? He was meant to be out then was back in

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn’t Touma who walked. You @Me to a post as some sort of a ha moment
I didn’t say Touma walked. I would not agree with that because he’s Lebanese.
But I did say someone under him should go and obviously the club have made a move and you told me even today that our conditioning is perfect and nothing to see. I wanted to highlight that club habe identified something too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol come on, bro. Davey was one of our few forwards who was eating good metres on the weekend. Morrin is a good young player, but Davey has 10kgs on him. At a time our forward pack is lacking depth and size, we will miss him.

All I can say is Gus had better have a very good prop lined up to make this worthwhile. Even if he does, releasing a bloke 8 rounds and 2 games into his Bulldogs career is just bizarre. This club is turning into a telemarketing call centre with all the turnover we’ve had in recent years. I could understand if Davey had not been a Ciraldo/Gus signing… but when you’re signing a bloke then releasing him a quarter of the way through his first season, the optics are not good.

But hey, maybe they need to free up money to re-sign Waddell!
Bottom of the top 30 players on cheap deals are always expendable and get moved on early all of the time at every club. We'd be paying no freight. I know you love to stick the knife into Gus and Ciraldo and hammer the club at every opportunity but this is clutching at straws.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn’t say Touma walked. I would not agree with that because he’s Lebanese.
But I did say someone under him should go and obviously the club have made a move and you told me even today that our conditioning is perfect and nothing to see. I wanted to highlight that club habe identified something too.
Never said our conditioning was perfect. I said that broken bones and injuries related to awkward tackles were not because of conditioning you fkn dopey ****

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's probably going through the squad now and selecting his next player...hummm Waddell-$1.05 favorite to be the next one.
Waddell is playing great footy. If I were to pick him and you guys lashed me for it, it would only add cred to my position that you're a bunch of Elmers.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Never said our conditioning was perfect. I said that broken bones and injuries related to awkward tackles were not because of conditioning you fkn dopey ****
And I showed you how it was wit evidence but anyway lest nit argue about it as it will derail the thread and that’s not what I’m about.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bottom of the top 30 players on cheap deals are always expendable and get moved on early all of the time at every club. We'd be paying no freight. I know you love to stick the knife into Gus and Ciraldo and hammer the club at every opportunity but this is clutching at straws.
It really isn't. You are just being blindly optimistic. If I'm clutching at straws, why are so many others concerned about this? Releasing any forward when we are so short of forwards is just bizarre...especially a forward we just signed. And at full fitness, Davey should be in, or close to our top 17. Gus is running this club like he's drunk. I was stoked when he first signed with us, but he has proceeded to make bad decision after bad decision. Signing an overpriced centre when we need a half and fullback, signing an overpriced back rower when we need middles. He's running this club like he is drunk.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m sure there is a plan with Daveys release. He is an injury prone fringe player who is a benchy at best. The emotions in this place are fkn hilarious
if there's a plan, explain to me how signing him less than 6 months ago fits into that plan, fam.

This is a straight up bizarre decision... especially considering we just signed him, he played well on the weekend and we are so short on forwards.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On the surface does not make sense. Especially as he could have moved at the end of t he season while the Dogs are in an injury crisis. Not like parra are in critical need for his services. Only viable scenarios I csn think of.
* want to make a change in the top30.
* have someone else lined up to join the Dogs this year.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It really isn't. You are just being blindly optimistic. If I'm clutching at straws, why are so many others concerned about this? Releasing any forward when we are so short of forwards is just bizarre...especially a forward we just signed. And at full fitness, Davey should be in, or close to our top 17. Gus is running this club like he's drunk. I was stoked when he first signed with us, but he has proceeded to make bad decision after bad decision. Signing an overpriced centre when we need a half and fullback, signing an overpriced back rower when we need middles. He's running this club like he is drunk.
Is this legit or troll? What are all the bad decisions by Gus? Not the decisions that you don’t like. If Crichton fires, it could be an amazing signing. Oloapu is one of the most highly rated juniors in years - if that transfers to grade then that is an astute pick up. Releasing Davey is a huge fkn meh and you are using to drive your anti Gus and Ciro agenda.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if there's a plan, explain to me how signing him less than 6 months ago fits into that plan, fam.

This is a straight up bizarre decision... especially considering we just signed him, he played well on the weekend and we are so short on forwards.
I’m sure there is a plan, perhaps a prop from somewhere. But I’m sure Gus is not just making decisions on a whim because he didn’t tell us about it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're posting like you're drunk. Haha

I didn't mind Davey. But I'm sure there's a reason for these moves and there'll be more corresponding moves to follow in the next week or two.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is this legit or troll? What are all the bad decisions by Gus? Not the decisions that you don’t like. If Crichton fires, it could be an amazing signing. Oloapu is one of the most highly rated juniors in years - if that transfers to grade then that is an astute pick up. Releasing Davey is a huge fkn meh and you are using to drive your anti Gus and Ciro agenda.
Releasing a forward who was among our most impactful and actually bent the line on the weekend when we are in the midst of an injury crisis and losing the yardage battle every week is a meh decision? That will do me.

Crichton is a huge gamble. He has been poor in the only games he has played at fullback. If he doesn't work out at the back (and chances of that are pretty high), we have to play him in the centres, one of the few positions we already have well covered. Stupid signing.

Kikau was also not what we needed. Good player, but we need game changing middles, not flamboyant back rowers... and we paid too much for him.

If you look at what Gus did at Penrith, he recruited experience, but signed proven performers in key positions. Crichton and Kikau are great players in their best positions, but they aren't spine players and they aren't the type of players who will turn this club around.

Releasing JMK for Mahoney is also looking more like a dud decision with every passing week.

Oloapu is a highly rated junior, but he's far from a sure thing. Broncos are flying at the moment. Do you really think they'd have let him get away if they were so sure he's a ready made superstar? If he were that good as it stands now, he'd have made their top 30 and never wanted out. Look, he appears to have a huge amount of potential and I hope he can deliver on it in time... but you guys are acting like it's a sure thing, when history proves it's anything but.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You're posting like you're drunk. Haha

I didn't mind Davey. But I'm sure there's a reason for these moves and there'll be more corresponding moves to follow in the next week or two.
In the meantime, we go into a winnable game another forward down. can't agree, mate. Unless there's an announcement to come in the next few hours, I think it's dumb... and releasing him so soon after signing him just reminds me of the amateur hour stuff we've seen at the club for years now. Not sure what's up with Gus, but something doesn't seem right about the job he's doing here.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the meantime, we go into a winnable game another forward down. can't agree, mate. Unless there's an announcement to come in the next few hours, I think it's dumb... and releasing him so soon after signing him just reminds me of the amateur hour stuff we've seen at the club for years now. Not sure what's up with Gus, but something doesn't seem right about the job he's doing here.
He wasn't even in the 17 this week. So if he's not playing FG regularly even with our injury crisis, why would they stand in his way if Parra wanted him back?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He wasn't even in the 17 this week. So if he's not playing FG regularly even with our injury crisis, why would they stand in his way if Parra wanted him back?
He was in the 17 last week and played well. If I were to guess I'd say the reason he wasn't in the 17 this week is because plans for the release were already well underway at the time the team was named.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Releasing a forward who was among our most impactful and actually bent the line on the weekend when we are in the midst of an injury crisis and losing the yardage battle every week is a meh decision? That will do me.

Crichton is a huge gamble. He has been poor in the only games he has played at fullback. If he doesn't work out at the back (and chances of that are pretty high), we have to play him in the centres, one of the few positions we already have well covered. Stupid signing.

Kikau was also not what we needed. Good player, but we need game changing middles, not flamboyant back rowers... and we paid too much for him.

If you look at what Gus did at Penrith, he recruited experience, but signed proven performers in key positions. Crichton and Kikau are great players in their best positions, but they aren't spine players and they aren't the type of players who will turn this club around.

Releasing JMK for Mahoney is also looking more like a dud decision with every passing week.

Oloapu is a highly rated junior, but he's far from a sure thing. Broncos are flying at the moment. Do you really think they'd have let him get away if they were so sure he's a ready made superstar? If he were that good as it stands now, he'd have made their top 30 and never wanted out. Look, he appears to have a huge amount of potential and I hope he can deliver on it in time... but you guys are acting like it's a sure thing, when history proves it's anything but.
These are not all bad decisions by Gus. Crichton is a gamble but Gus and CC know his ability a bit more than you and I. Not a stupid signing. I agree Kikau was not what we needed but at his best he offers a lot. Your JMK argument is yours alone on an island. No one with any football knowledge thinks JMK is comparable to Reed. Oloapu will be fkn great for us, Broncos released Reece Walsh too remember. Try and be a little less emotional and look at things without your angry hat on bro.