Burton to 7

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow didn’t see that coming, Kyle is obviously done but this will be interesting.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flanagan offers nothing as a 6. If Burton's going to be an on the ball half Flanagan's going to be even more useless (already shouldn't be playing as is). I think Shark will be Flanagan's last game in dogs colours. Our draw opens up after Shark and it's the perfect time to blood Oloapu. It's unlikely we sign an experienced 7 so we need to start preparing for the future - Burton on the ball half, Oloapu in the halves. It's a shame we wasted the whole pre season and 1st 7 rounds of the season playing Flanagan (and how Burton is used) when it was so obvious this was going to be the outcome.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
not really he was named at 6.
That’s still in the team
Lol I didn’t say he was done this week but Ko is in the reserves and bringing him into 6 if Kyle was hooked makes sense.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This might be a master-stroke from Gus/CC.

If they drop him now, it gives ammo to the media. Walker getting dropped is headlines and the talking point.

Flamingo gets dropped at 430pm on Saturday, no media bullshit.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow didn’t see that coming, Kyle is obviously done but this will be interesting.
It’s obviously a move based on Flanagan.

Thinking of Burton as a 7 though it’s obviously a ploy/challenge by CC to Burton to say involve yourself. For the marquee player in our lineup. He doesn’t get involved anywhere near enough.

I’m happy to see Flanagan removed of his responsibilities. I’m just not convinced Burton at 7 is that answer. I just hope he watches some tape of Nicho as I didn’t see him as a 7 either. It’s a big call but I hope Burto might be able to play a similar style at 7.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon this is Flannos last shot. If he plays well he stays but if he fcks up at 6 his NRL career is over. KO comes in. Not sure Burton is a 7, but if he goes well and gets more involved we will improve. Having another threat in the halves will give him more space

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure on this one, i think flano still plays this week. Is this about flano and his overall shitness or Burton getting more involved?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s obviously a move based on Flanagan.

Thinking of Burton as a 7 though it’s obviously a ploy/challenge by CC to Burton to say involve yourself. For the marquee player in our lineup. He doesn’t get involved anywhere near enough.

I’m happy to see Flanagan removed of his responsibilities. I’m just not convinced Burton at 7 is that answer. I just hope he watches some tape of Nicho as I didn’t see him as a 7 either. It’s a big call but I hope Burto might be able to play a similar style at 7.
Nicho has Moylan as a support though. Poor Burton has probably the worst half to ever play more that 20 games in the NRL era

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think KO is coming. Just a matter of when not if. Agree with all, this is flanno’s last shot.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton being named in the 7 jersey in my opinion is a challenge from CC to both halves.
Burton at halfback could be CC challenging him to own the result more.
Flanagan being moved to 6, being told to run the ball or else the bloke in jersey 18 is coming for you.