ENOUGH!!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tough question or easy question.......you can only replace Flanagan with the next shittest half-back in the comp...who would it be??? Will they improve the team? No team reshuffle allowed!
Jock madden or Schneider or even bray Trindall

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Especially after a loss to our arch enemies sir !
Yeah, I get that. I’m not even trying to troll you. I’m just saying Barrett’s call to drop Flano doesn’t look as good when you consider he signed him on good coin a few months earlier and touted him as our long term halfback. He did the same thing with Corey Allan.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Flanagan has no game awareness. He is too tunnel visioned and tries to compensate with working extra hard. It pains me to think how many 7’s give our team a masterclass and Flanno and Burton learn nothing. Burton has brilliance but zero consistency. Flanno has no brilliance but consistency at being below average.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is actually accurate for this game, injuries crippled us again and Mahoney didn’t have his best performance, probably guilty of trying too hard and didn’t handle the occasion of playing against his old club very well…
Nice to see someone admit it. The thing that worries me is it’s not a one off for Reed. He was almost as bad against North Queensland. He is developing a habit of overplaying his hand.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because a guy is trying too hard in his first year as Captain when we have the Crab Passenger Express?

Sure. 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of Kennellers are wrong and u are right.

Who'd thought that.
Rewatch the game. Watch how many stupid penalties Reed gave away, how many errors he made and how many times he killed momentum before our halves even got the ball.

Enough of the he tries bullshit. Every player on that field was trying today. Reed overplayed his hand big time and it did more harm than good.

Our attack was working a lot better in the back end of 2022 and that’s a fact.

I don’t care what percentile my opinion represents, I am 100 percent right, you’re just a bunch of overly emotional fans being guided by your cognitive biases.

Flano worse than Reed today. That will do me.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rewatch the game. Watch how many stupid penalties Reed gave away, how many errors he made and how many times he killed momentum before our halves even got the ball.

Enough of the he tries bullshit. Every player on that field was trying today. Reed overplayed his hand big time and it did more harm than good.

I don’t care what percentile my opinion represents, I am 100 percent right, you’re just a bunch of overly emotional fans being guided by your cognitive biases.

It is more so Flanagan doesn't offer much or contribute as much as he should, he needs to do more than tackle and just show up.

Reed probably feels he needs to over play his hand probably due to deficiencies in Flanagans game currently and wouldn't be surprised if the coach has given him freedom to do so.

Why is Reed kicking better than Flanagan when Reed is in forward battle for the whole game?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Rewatch the game? Nah.

Every player - yes - shame the Crab is a passenger.

Fact? What about at the beginning of 2022? No?

Good. Delusion has a place in the world.

Is that a promise?

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that. I’m not even trying to troll you. I’m just saying Barrett’s call to drop Flano doesn’t look as good when you consider he signed him on good coin a few months earlier and touted him as our long term halfback. He did the same thing with Corey Allan.
For all Barrett’s deficiencies as a coach, by dropping Gun(cap) at least he had the nuts to swallow his pride.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For all Barrett’s deficiencies as a coach, by dropping Gun(cap) at least he had the nuts to swallow his pride.
The ability to swallow one’s pride is admirable and all, but I think getting recruitment calls right in the first place and not spending large amounts of money for players to play in NSW Cup is a more important quality in a coach. Barrett was a headless chook.

The team didn’t get any better for the change anyway.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is more so Flanagan doesn't offer much or contribute as much as he should, he needs to do more than tackle and just show up.

Reed probably feels he needs to over play his hand probably due to deficiencies in Flanagans game currently and wouldn't be surprised if the coach has given him freedom to do so.

Why is Reed kicking better than Flanagan when Reed is in forward battle for the whole game?
Your first paragraph is such an understatement. I don’t think I can ever recall a halfback from any team in my 42 odd years of following RL being as impotent and ineffective as Flanno. Whilst there’s better options within, I’d even buy Frawley as a stopgap ffs who offers way more.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rewatch the game? Nah.

Every player - yes - shame the Crab is a passenger.

Fact? What about at the beginning of 2022? No?

Good. Delusion has a place in the world.

Is that a promise?
The “crab” as you call him dug in as much as any of our players, as evidenced by his SC points haul. Say what you will about him, but to suggest he didn’t put in effort is just stupid.

Beginning of 2022 is irrelevant. Flanagan wasn’t in the team for starters. When he did come in, the whole team was still struggling under Barrett’s convoluted systems and over coaching. Once potter took over and the players were given some freedom, they showed they can play better attacking footy than they are now with Reed calling the shots from dummy half.

Reed had a shocker and no amount of name dropping of unoriginal and uninspired nicknames will change that.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The ability to swallow one’s pride is admirable and all, but I think getting recruitment calls right in the first place and not spending large amounts of money for players to play in NSW Cup is a more important quality in a coach. Barrett was a headless chook.

The team didn’t get any better for the change anyway.
Absolutely. In hindsight alarm bells should’ve been deafening based on Flanno being shown the door by the chooks. Somehow Barrett had a wild fantasy that he could convert him into a Nathan Cleary lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Your first paragraph is such an understatement. I don’t think I can ever recall a halfback from any team in my 42 odd years of following RL being as impotent and ineffective as Flanno. Whilst there’s better options within, I’d even buy Frawley as a stopgap ffs who offers way more.
Playa Frawley is doing well atm. Not a top line halfback but he does indeed have a bit of this, and a bit of that to him.
I suspect he is on a wage of 300 odd atm as backup raider half, so I reckon we make him an offer of 525 on the condition/ understanding it’s a one year deal and it’s Olopu time thereafter. The money might make him freelance yo.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Flanagan (and Burton) were both playing better at the back end of last year than they have been since the control freak joined us.

I think Flanagan kicked better than Reed today, tbh. Put in a nice kick gif a repeat set, a few other short kicks that found grass and didn’t give away any 7 tackle sets (Reed did). Seems to be a coaching decision to let Burton do most of the long kicking. You can’t expect Flano to kick well if he isn’t given licence to kick.

I know Flano is far from a superstar, but Reed was awful today. I’m sick of people passing the buck to Flano when others played worse.

Realistically if I’d very unlikely Flano will be here next year, but if people think that will fix all our problems, I think they are being naive.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a big chance Kyle is retained next year or two as a hooker backup that can fill in for half with injuries, but it’ll depend on his hooker form. I hope he takes any future hooker roles this season very seriously.
Also he needs to b goal kicker. Burton isn’t cutting it and needs to focus on life. Flanno would mail that Alamoti try conversion with his eyes closed.

What’s more important?
Fu Brown dummy half scoots or Flanno goal kicking and defence?
I’ll let other posters or time itself decide that one.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The “crab” as you call him dug in as much as any of our players, as evidenced by his SC points haul. Say what you will about him, but to suggest he didn’t put in effort is just stupid.

Beginning of 2022 is irrelevant. Flanagan wasn’t in the team for starters. When he did come in, the whole team was still struggling under Barrett’s convoluted systems and over coaching. Once potter took over and the players were given some freedom, they showed they can play better attacking footy than they are now with Reed calling the shots from dummy half.

Reed had a shocker and no amount of name dropping of unoriginal and uninspired nicknames will change that.
A huge haul of 40 SC points lol