pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Our strength and conditioning has been garbage for years

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's come from Penrith though. What I suspect with Kikau and many of the other injuries not only at the Dogs but other clubs is the long season last year with world cup in England has impacted their readiness for 2023.

Kikau has looked unfit all year. In particular the first trial against Sharks at Belmore, he was huffing and puffing after 10 mins. Not using it as an excuse for the injury, I think its part of the process, but I have definitely noticed a trend across the NRL with players injured coming off the world cup last year.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know fuck all about gyms and muscles etc, but are they training too hard as far as the weights are concerned?

Same with knee injuries. 25+ years ago knees didn't end careers at the rates they seem to now. Nowadays we see teenagers have reconstructions.
Could be, however i'd find it weird if they were trying to increase weights during the season... you'd save that for the off-season. I would imagine it would be more about maintenance + recovery. More than likely he's just thrown his arm out trying to tackle our hero flannagan while he makes a line break then tore it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know fuck all about gyms and muscles etc, but are they training too hard as far as the weights are concerned?

Same with knee injuries. 25+ years ago knees didn't end careers at the rates they seem to now. Nowadays we see teenagers have reconstructions.
Players are pushed harder now than they've ever been, all about getting that extra 1% out of them. The human body can only take so much.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck our luck sucks dog’s balls, but contact injury happens in contact sport on the field and at training it is what it is. Disappointing, but getting Hysterical about it isn’t going to change a thing.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Must call BS on the concussion story we know Gus doesn't believe in that!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck our luck sucks dog’s balls, but contact injury happens in contact sport on the field and at training it is what it is. Disappointing, but getting Hysterical about it isn’t going to change a thing.
It might, you never know.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This guy got a target on his back at training or what? Who's knocking him out and then tearing his titty muscle!?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With no Fox and Kikau, we may as well drop Burton and Flanno, and play Averillo-Oloapu with JR on the bench.

Skelton, Burns or Burton can take the centre spot

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone dubbed him she-rex 2 early in the piece . . .give that man a prize

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also puts into perspective why its such a waste of coin spending big money on new recruits. Kikau is now out for a long period, Thompson the same. TPJ finally returns this week after a few months off. These are our highest paid players we bought from other clubs.

Our best performing forward at the moment is Preston who is probably paid the least.

Puts it in perspective.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people put injuries down to bad luck. But the teams with better reputations for strength/conditioning/fitness tend to have fewer injuries, and in turn, are more likely to feature at the pointy end of the season.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also puts into perspective why its such a waste of coin spending big money on new recruits. Kikau is now out for a long period, Thompson the same. TPJ finally returns this week after a few months off. These are our highest paid players we bought from other clubs.

Our best performing forward at the moment is Preston who is probably paid the least.

Puts it in perspective.
This makes no sense wtf. Injuries happen.