News Injured Canterbury star Luke Thompson has declared he is not a spent-force in the NRL as he works towards an earlier than expected return

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah the quotes werent exactly that. Sounded like he had to go there to convince her to go to hospital. Pick up a phone.

“She’s not been too well for a while, but at the age of 54 I’ve not seen that coming. She was a bit in denial with what’s going on, she was jaundiced and bright yellow.

“My brother couldn’t persuade her to go to the hospital. I stayed with for three nights and managed to persuade her to go to the hospital. If I hadn’t gone home, she might not be here now.
Not saying one way or another that we sound re-sign him but if you think he didn't try picking up the phone to call her first, I don't know what to say.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not saying one way or another that we sound re-sign him but if you think he didn't try picking up the phone to call her first, I don't know what to say.
I was responding to someone saying she was on life support and that's why he left when his own quotes don't line up with that story. That's all.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So what makes you think he can do it from “lock” and not “prop”
The Lock position is usually a link between the forwards and the halves or backs, Luke has got a passing game, speed, and strength to take advantage of a shifting defensive line.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think he wants to stay with us... But my guess is he may have been told to look elsewhere. In the right forward pack where he's an accessory and not the leader / play 1 forward he would do really well. Storm would be the best place for him if they keep NAS.
Could see him at Canberra. They like the pommy boys.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Lock position is usually a link between the forwards and the halves or backs, Luke has got a passing game, speed, and strength to take advantage of a shifting defensive line.
Does he have a passing game? I haven’t seen this at all.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson can trick somebody else into paying him big dollars if he’s not willing to re-sign on a smaller deal

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whilst the modern day lock can be used as a link, props and locks are middles, alnost the exact same role. Predominantly a prop takes the first hit up, followed by the other prop or lock. The middles all play within the same parameters on the field and the middles all defend the same areas on the field.
I see him more as a ball runner than a yeo type lock which you are alluding to.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How many games has he missed so far since he joined the club?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst the modern day lock can be used as a link, props and locks are middles, alnost the exact same role. Predominantly a prop takes the first hit up, followed by the other prop or lock. The middles all play within the same parameters on the field and the middles all defend the same areas on the field.
A lock is whatever you want it to be.
A prop. A ball played like yayo. A third second rower.
It’s a roaming and malleable position.
The position itself doesn’t really have a purpose in the modern game IMO

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While I have dickweed muted I must say it’s insulting the dead to see that little fuckwit editing his head onto 2pac.

Have some respect for the dead Apu.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
While I have dickweed muted I must say it’s insulting the dead to see that little fuckwit editing his head onto 2pac.

Have some respect for the dead Apu.
We are both on the same level as legendary

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We are both on the same level as legendary
Your an absolute fuckwit. They wouldn’t waste a bullet on you. The only thing that should of been wasted on you was a Condom for your parents.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Your an absolute fuckwit. They wouldn’t waste a bullet on you. The only thing that should of been wasted on you was a Condom for your parents.
Please
If nothing else that photo should solidify the perception that I’m a true gangsta as it eludes thuggonometry.
Actually mind boggling you’re showing so much disrespect given that.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Please
If nothing else that photo should solidify the perception that I’m a true gangsta as it eludes thuggonometry.
Actually mind boggling you’re showing so much disrespect given that.
Shut the fuck up Apu

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have to disagree, using yeo as the perfect example, locks have more time and freedom than a prop due to there position and body type as a natural prop is very one directional, hence locks like Yeo, Murray, Radley, Carrigan, have different body styles.