Can Reed Mahoney make 150 missed tackles this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandingo

Waterboy
Reaction score
The other concerning stat is that of the tackles he makes we are defending against a very fast play the ball after it

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The worst was a young inexperienced Titian's player...
That's means its even worse for flano moving forward considering how many games he's played haha

What about his line break attempts or whatever he's doing? Runs straight into opposition players haha
Should run deep into the line and pass the ball drawing defenders.
Better to be inexperienced thanb to have the experience of being coached by Trent Barrett.

He can't pass the ball when there's nobody pushing up in support. It's not his job to break the line, it's his job to engage the line and create opportunities for others. He can't do it if they aren't pushing up.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other concerning stat is that of the tackles he makes we are defending against a very fast play the ball after it
The only thing he can hold down are his team's chances, baby!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we should drop him and play Flanagan at hooker, what a prick.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings la familiars!

Is Reed Mahoney the worst defensive hooker in the competition? Statistics say yes.

Reed placed 4th for missed tackles in the comp last year (the most of any hooker). But turnstile's defensive efforts (or lack thereof) so far in 2023 are leaving last year's in the shade.

Reed has raced to the top of this year's leaderboard with an embarrassing 33 missed tackles from just 6 matches, placing him head and shoulders above his nearest competition of Josh Hodgson, Griffin Neame and Api Koroisau.

There's little doubt Reed is playing like a man with one eye on the record book this year....so could he break the fabled 150 barrier - becoming the first to do so since notorious shirt grabber James Maloney all the way back in 2018? I think he can. While he will have to increase his weekly average to get there, he did have a bit of a slow start this year. In the last two rounds he has made up for lost time, missing 15 tackles at an embarrassing average of 7.5 a game. If Reed can maintain this 7.5 average throughout the remaining 21 rounds of the season, he could not only break the 150 barrier, but could actually smash it to pieces, finishing somewhere in the vicinity of 175 missed tackles! That's unheard of in the NRL era!!

Let's all get behind Reed and hope he can maintain his bad form, permanently etching his name in the annals of NRL im ortal ty.

Oh yeah, we've bought ourselves a real special one here, baby!
I can see you are very well educated, with a very good writing style.
Probably a teachers pet at one stage.
Maybe tried your hand at journalism and it didn't succeed, hence the posts here.

Certainly well written. That's all I can say.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe tried your hand at journalism and it didn't succeed, hence the posts here.

He is a journalist lol

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Lol that's actually not a bad assessment... not too far off the mark.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For what ever reason you like SpEcIAl PLaYErs like Elliot who you don’t speak about anymore=shit.

jmk who has the worst passing game= shit

Flanagan who keeps passing on the last or gets tackled on the last= shit.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Better to be inexperienced thanb to have the experience of being coached by Trent Barrett.

He can't pass the ball when there's nobody pushing up in support. It's not his job to break the line, it's his job to engage the line and create opportunities for others. He can't do it if they aren't pushing up.
More excuses lol

What excuse for this year under Ciro?

The players are pushing up.. He should run deep into the line and pass just before he gets hit, not sideways, not get tackled with the ball and screw up momentum.
Another excuse lol, if he was a controlling half he would organise the players where he wants them!
He said that was what Ciro wanted from him this year. I haven't seen it and I don't really notice him in the game doing much. Must be ranked worst halfback so far this year and by the end of it.

He might be lucky to get a train and trail at the Tigers, if not moving back in with daddy lol.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reedy’s tackles 277, average 89.04%
Flano’s tackles 132 average 91.00%

Do most of the tackling work one on one against some of the biggest toughest men in the game like AFB, Taumalolo, Paseka, Olakau'atu, NAS and co. and your bound to have quiet a few get away from you or run over the top of you …

If you took your Dolphins glasses off and really watched Reedy, you’d see he’s a damn brave defender who gets a lot of the biggest traffic his way ..

When he gets his engine room back from injury to take away some of that defensive work from him & lighten his load you’ll see those missed tackles drop dramatically …

Why have you never posted how bad young Flano’s stats are, or does that not suit your bias baiting agenda ?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, if he didn’t try he’d make zero missed tackles.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greetings la familiars!

Is Reed Mahoney the worst defensive hooker in the competition? Statistics say yes.

Reed placed 4th for missed tackles in the comp last year (the most of any hooker). But turnstile's defensive efforts (or lack thereof) so far in 2023 are leaving last year's in the shade.

Reed has raced to the top of this year's leaderboard with an embarrassing 33 missed tackles from just 6 matches, placing him head and shoulders above his nearest competition of Josh Hodgson, Griffin Neame and Api Koroisau.

There's little doubt Reed is playing like a man with one eye on the record book this year....so could he break the fabled 150 barrier - becoming the first to do so since notorious shirt grabber James Maloney all the way back in 2018? I think he can. While he will have to increase his weekly average to get there, he did have a bit of a slow start this year. In the last two rounds he has made up for lost time, missing 15 tackles at an embarrassing average of 7.5 a game. If Reed can maintain this 7.5 average throughout the remaining 21 rounds of the season, he could not only break the 150 barrier, but could actually smash it to pieces, finishing somewhere in the vicinity of 175 missed tackles! That's unheard of in the NRL era!!

Let's all get behind Reed and hope he can maintain his bad form, permanently etching his name in the annals of NRL im ortal ty.

Sometimes I think you just want to be a flog with posts like these

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings la familiars!

How many Daly m points has Flanagan received over all in his entire nrl career and can you post his try assist for this year and tries ? And let’s compare the two.. reeds a legend. Flanno won’t be resigned and it makes sense ! Unfortunately he just doesn’t do anything for our team

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More excuses lol

What excuse for this year under Ciro?

The players are pushing up.. He should run deep into the line and pass just before he gets hit, not sideways, not get tackled with the ball and screw up momentum.
Another excuse lol, if he was a controlling half he would organise the players where he wants them!
He said that was what Ciro wanted from him this year. I haven't seen it and I don't really notice him in the game doing much. Must be ranked worst halfback so far this year and by the end of it.

He might be lucky to get a train and trail at the Tigers, if not moving back in with daddy lol.
Ciro sucks. That's my excuse.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For what ever reason you like SpEcIAl PLaYErs like Elliot who you don’t speak about anymore=shit.

jmk who has the worst passing game= shit

Flanagan who keeps passing on the last or gets tackled on the last= shit.
Elliott proved last year he wasn't shit....JMK proved last year and this year that he is a SUPERSTAR... and Flano just needs a half decent coach and he'll be just fine, baby!

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reedy’s tackles 277, average 89.04%
Flano’s tackles 132 average 91.00%

Do most of the tackling work one on one against some of the biggest toughest men in the game like AFB, Taumalolo, Paseka, Olakau'atu, NAS and co. and your bound to have quiet a few get away from you or run over the top of you …

If you took your Dolphins glasses off and really watched Reedy, you’d see he’s a damn brave defender who gets a lot of the biggest traffic his way ..

When he gets his engine room back from injury to take away some of that defensive work from him & lighten his load you’ll see those missed tackles drop dramatically …

Why have you never posted how bad young Flano’s stats are, or does that not suit your bias baiting agenda ?
91 per cent is a fantastoic tackle efficiency for a half.... 89 per cent is very poor tackle efficiency for a hooker. Reed was almost as bad last year as he has been this year. Stop making excuses for him...his defence is bush league.

Status
Not open for further replies.