Murray Hip Drop

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's not a hip drop. Murray is literally on his knees just making a legs tackle, if there was any sort of issue here you'd be looking at a twist or him using excessive force and not a hip drop. Prestons probably isn't either but it's closer to a hip drop because he takes his feet off the ground and shifts his weight in an attempt to steal the ball. He won't get suspended but he was very close too imo
Doesnt a hip drop actually require you to have hold of their hips first?

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said, both not hip drops. If Preston wasn't attempting to strip the ball and was instead trying to bring the Souths player down and shifted his weight around him rather than downwards then he would've got done for it. The only real hip drop I can remember from this season is Finucanes.
Rofl, and if he had of hit him above the head it would have been a high tackle.

The point is he didn’t do those things, so what he did was perfectly legal. Endo story

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And that’s the whole joke of the fucking thing. Not saying we win, but it changed the game. Why do we continue to be the victim of this shit?
At 26-12 whilst we might not have come back and won (still possible we could)we we’re definitely winning the arm wrestle and going set for set

The bin deflated our boys and gassed them because Souffs had the ball for 9.59 minutes and blew out the score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wish some of you fvcking experts in here would learn the "proper" rules of the game and not the half baked sh!t the NRLol spew out from week to week.
Do you blame them bro? Even the fuckwits pretending to be officials don't know the rules.

It's all by design. They purposely create grey areas to help them manipulate results.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its about as much a hip drop as Prestons was. Seriously, if we are going to charge tackles like these teams wont be able to field a side the next week because the entire side will be suspended lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doesnt a hip drop actually require you to have hold of their hips first?
I don't know the exact guidelines the NRL use (they probably don't either) but I don't think holding their hips is anything they look at.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At 26-12 whilst we might not have come back and won (still possible we could)we we’re definitely winning the arm wrestle and going set for set

The bin deflated our boys and gassed them because Souffs had the ball for 9.59 minutes and blew out the score
We probably still wouldn’t have won, but we definitely wouldn’t have gotten pounded like we did. We had just gotten the ball back then too and instead it was a sin bin, penalty and South’s scored multiple tries down Preston’s side. From there we couldn’t stop then momentum as South’s had all the ball as we kept getting penalised.

It was a huge momentum turner

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree neither of them are. But in 2023 the interpretation is that they are. It's a bloody joke
Preston was trying to steal the ball, not wanting to bring player down using his body weight. Murray used his hip and body weight to stop Preston and take to ground by stopping leg drive.
you tell me which one is a hip drop tackle.

Last edited:

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I blame the stupid commentators causing confusion, its not just the fact that hips make contact with the legs that as they are saying in 2023 it’s a hip drop.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, Murray's wasn't a hip drop at all. He knelt on the ground and tackled around the hips. He only left the ground because Preston dragged him off of it. A hip drop involves shifting your weight from your legs to the opposition player's legs and allowing the extra weight to buckle them.

Preston's was probably closer than Murray's but neither were.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least the match review committee grew some brains and let him off.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Preston was trying to steal the ball, not wanting to bring player down using his body weight. Murray used his hip and body weight to stop Preston and take to ground by stopping leg drive.
you tell me which one is a hip drop tackle.
Did you read what i said?