Should us the fans have a say in recruitment?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I was just thinking, ahead of time, how engaged we fans are in all facets of the club, but no more than recruitment matters.

I find it kind of insane we are so invested but we only allow Gus and Cirro to make multi million dollar decisions regarding purchases.

It’s like they make the decisions and we are left with the bag or do all the discussing and half the time we hated the ourchase in the first place.
When we hired Sione Katoa for two years after his was unwanted and was ringing club to club, I didn’t understand why we gave him not one, but a two year deal.
Ditto the Lichaa hiring.
No need to lock in two years. He was useless.

So how can we have no say in what hairbrained or genius idea they have?

Gus talks to us directly on Snapchat and Twitter.

Would it be the worst idea to gauge the fans reactions to signing ideas?

‘Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Moses as a 7?’ He could ask on Twitter and some very knowledgeable fans will give input.

How often have TK seen things before it happened?

If Barrett and Anderson had asked us ‘who should we have as our 7 going forward?’ I’m 99% certain Adam Reynolds would be our half atm and not @Flanagun.

And then if it fails at least we can say it’s on us?
Family club after all aren’t we?

Ps. I’m not talking about kids. I don’t know them and that’s better left to people who get the junior system.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I was just thinking, ahead of time, how engaged we fans are in all facets of the club, but no more than recruitment matters.

I find it kind of insane we are so invested but we only allow Gus and Cirro to make multi million dollar decisions regarding purchases.

It’s like they make the decisions and we are left with the bag or do all the discussing and half the time we hated the ourchase in the first place.
When we hired Sione Katoa for two years after his was unwanted and was ringing club to club, I didn’t understand why we gave him not one, but a two year deal.
Ditto the Lichaa hiring.

‘Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Moses as a 7?’ He could ask on Twitter and some very knowledgeable fans will give input.

If Barrett and Anderson had asked us ‘who should we have as our 7 going forward?’ I’m 99% certain Adam Reynolds would be our half atm and not @Flanagun.

Ps. I’m not talking about kids. I don’t know them and that’s better left to people who get the junior system.
This is such a great idea …Fuck off idiot

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Ditto the Lichaa hiring.

Insomina mate, will cause early demintia

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its like saying bands could seek the guidance and creativity of their fans to write the next big hit album.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
its like saying bands could seek the guidance and creativity of their fans to write the next big hit album.
A tweak to that is bands being critical when they take a random direction no one likes.

When Metallica went from thrash to rock in the early nineties, a lot of people were mad.
But imagine if Skeet Ulrich tweeted a sound snippet beforehand?
Fans might have warmed ti the black album and told them the garbage drums instead of snare on st anger was no good

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HahahahahhahahahahahHhHhahahahhaahaha
the inmates running the asylum……what could possibly go wrong?!?!? And what would then happen on TK?? Users could argue with their alternative personalities or profiles if their input in team decisions doesn’t go well?!?!
It could be an interesting social experiment…however I would prefer it didn’t happen to my team…..the tigpies may be up for it though, perhaps mention it on their site and spend more time there than here….win-win!!

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
95% of fans don't actually have a clue about team and game management or training, OH&S etc so best to leave them out of it.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Ditto the Lichaa hiring.

This question had plagued me for decades but I became reassured because - People in North Korea are legally only allowed to have one of 28 haircuts. Women can choose from 14 different styles.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Ditto the Lichaa hiring.

Not going to happen.........unfortunately

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Ditto the Lichaa hiring.

Interesting idea. Kudos for thinking outside the square but NO.

Not all supporters are good judges of football talent but all supporters think they are. We would never get agreement. Take TPJ for instance: half the Kennel want him gone because they think he's faking his injury and he doesn't want to play, the other half want to wait as long as it takes because he is a match winner.

The best way the supporters can contribute is to put pressure on the board to get rid of oxygen thieves like Greenberg, Raelene, Pay, Barrett, and Des (have I missed any?) and hire good people as football managers and coaches, and leave them alone to do their jobs. They have hired the best with Gus, and, because he is the best, his pick for head coach is probably the best as well.