News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So it’s ok he directly responsible for one try and your arguing the second ?

He’s Fucking butchered more points than he’s helped score.

He’s gone for 24 in our 13. Won’t be me “crying more” your turning into “Flanagan”
Cooked brah

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciraldo was asked post match what was the difference between the teams and he said 'Shaun Johnson' which does not bode well for Flanagan
Haven’t seen it if that’s actually what he said Flannagans gone that’s a direct shot at him.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 & 7 were always going to be our weakness for this season. Middle forwards were another position we were low on men.

Our 1 is doing ok. Not setting the world on fire but not costing us games. The 7 is not doing enough. Hasn’t added any bows to his game. Isn’t taking on the line. Isn’t kicking much. Can’t get repeat sets. Burton isn’t doing much himself. But the flange lack of direction, attack and creativity surely doesn’t help. Moses wasn’t the answer either. But Atleast he has a boot that can kick you out of trouble if needed.

Not sure if we are looking at someone for halfback. But Reynolds won’t work with Burton KO isn’t ready which is the same as Hayward and Rajab.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You… Craig
Thanks. If TK had their way half the team would've been dropped after round 1 yet they weren't and we put on 26 unanswered points against the Storm in Melbourne. Some of our fans need to learn when to shut the fuck up and stop begging for reserve graders to be promoted every week.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only saw 2nd half but reckon Burton needs to go at the line....imo from an outsider.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For his own personal development as a footballer he isn’t ready. Put him in too soon and it could damage his chances of reaching the heights in his career long term. 100% he isn’t going to be any worse than Flanagan. I think he will actually offer a lot. But is holding him back better for both him and the Bulldogs longer term.

In a season where we most likely aren’t finals bound anyway. I don’t see the point in rushing him.

Give him a shot in the 14 maybe but not as our starting 7 yet.
I hear what you are saying, and if Jmk was still our DH I would agree with you 100% but I think if we are grooming him to be a halfback it would help not hinder his progression to spend at least some of the season playing beside reed and burton developing combinations and learning some game management . It might be an old school way of thinking but if you are good enough you are old enough and from what I have seen of the kid he’s good enough and he will learn the rest. It does the club absolutely no good to keep persevering with a half back that has little talent and even less mental fortitude IMO

Last edited:

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is ready lol

ahhh another season of the Gun, our curse is really the halfbacks we've had after Hodkinson, none of them have been competent enough to do the basics right.
More like after Sherwin... Potentially Kimmorley

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't keep playing Flanagan. His defence is also on the decline. Don't think ko is ready yet. That leaves Reynolds or move perham to half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol - he’s 6 months older…
Still older. Either way he has more experience and a veteran coach guiding him, Karl does not. Karl will have an inexperienced coach, one of the most overrated players in the game as his halves partner, an inexperienced coach, an inexperienced edge forward alongside him and will be required to play halfback which at this point he is clearly not. If the coaches think he's ready them sure but looking in from the outside this is a recipe for disaster.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan is so shit that I'd rather Averillo at 7 than him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fake news
Not fake news. I've seen our reserves play all but 1 game and we're infinitely worse with him in the team. He is shit and creates more problems than he solves, awful decision to give him a top 30 spot.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan is so shit that I'd rather Averillo at 7 than him.
No they both need to go. One can’t attack (Flanagan) one can’t defend (averilo) both need to fuck off. I’d rather Skelton even if he can’t defend his attack is miles ahead of average fello

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not fake news. I've seen our reserves play all but 1 game and we're infinitely worse with him in the team. He is shit and creates more problems than he solves, awful decision to give him a top 30 spot.
Do you genuinely think Flanno offers more as a half than Reynolds would? Lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see now with Wayne, how the magic dust works without a halfback at the Phins.

Ciraldo gets a pass mark so far with 2/4. Need get some more wins before Fraudler picks Burton in origin.