2023 Round 4 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sad for Sean O'Sullivan... Fuck playing Milford, they need to loan a 7. Would love to see Cogger loaned from Panthers. Even Toby Sexton, would be good to see what Bennett could make of him.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos talking way too much shit for a team that had 3/4 of their spine out at the end of the game. They got lucky
Totally agree bro. I couldn’t believe the commentators talking up Reece for his tackle on a one legged Tesi Niu. Dolphins played with no hooker for nearly the whole game. Defended with heart. Bennet has brought a great culture to that group. Broncos still acting like this team has done something. Do the my house celebrations when you beat someone in the semis you cocky *****

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree bro. I couldn’t believe the commentators talking up Reece for his tackle on a one legged Tesi Niu. Dolphins played with no hooker for nearly the whole game. Defended with heart. Bennet has brought a great culture to that group. Broncos still acting like this team has done something. Do the my house celebrations when you beat someone in the semis you cocky *****
Personally I dont get the "my house" celebrations.

I couldn't care who's house it is as long as my team wins.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally I dont get the "my house" celebrations.

I couldn't care who's house it is as long as my team wins.
They just look like cocky *****. Considering the injuries and Felise out if it was really their house they would have put a score on. They only really won on the last play and Kotoni even fckd up the celebration and said this is our home…yeah ok bro lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So, I’ve slept on it and I still think both teams were shit, between them completion rates under 70%, 100 missed and ineffective tackles, 29 errors and with the ball in pay for only 54 minutes it was painful to watch. That’s an error in less that 2 minutes of play, FMD.

When playing the Donkeys every team needs to be kicking to Cobbo, spineless under the high kick that bloke, just the thought of Burton kicking to him will give him night terrors.

Who cares whose house it is, it‘s still in Brisbane which is just an overgrown country town. At least with another Brisbane team playing the Donkeys didn’t win the penalty count.

Speaking of overgrown, WTF has Lee been eating.

Always a Bulldog

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I went to the game, the game was shit. I think the Broncos played to the level of the Phins. That put your fins up shit was fucking annoying. I was told by a dolphins fan we are here to stay, our home crowd is about 52,000, me saying looks like more Broncos fans are here, didn't go down to well. :tearsofjoy:.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I went to the game, the game was shit. I think the Broncos played to the level of the Phins. That put your fins up shit was fucking annoying. I was told by a dolphins fan we are here to stay, our home crowd is about 52,000, me saying looks like more Broncos fans are here, didn't go down to well. :tearsofjoy:.
Ehh. Just some weakening of the Broncs hold over Brisbane and fins providing an opportunity for Redcliffe resi's and Qlders who hate Boncos. Good for both teams to have some rivalry.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ehh. Just some weakening of the Broncs hold over Brisbane and fins providing an opportunity for Redcliffe resi's and Qlders who hate Boncos. Good for both teams to have some rivalry.
People from Redcliffe don't say they are part of Brisbane. It's Channel 9 hype.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People from Redcliffe don't say they are part of Brisbane. It's Channel 9 hype.
I have relos there. They still say Brisbane just to stop confusion with those not knowing where Redcliffe is :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have relos there. They still say Brisbane just to stop confusion with those not knowing where Redcliffe is :grinning:
And u know, Redcliffe is a suburb of Brisbane.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Redcliffians deny they are part of Brisbane. They say Moreton Bay is their region. lol
Sure, if they are from Redcliffe and someone asked where are they from, they would say Redcliffe. But if someone then said where is that, they would say Brisbane. Also depends who asks you. If someone on the GC asks me where i live i say my suburb. If someone outside GC asks me where i live i say Gold Coast.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also depends who asks you. If someone on the GC asks me where i live i say my suburb. If someone outside GC asks me where i live i say Gold Coast.
Logan is somehow part of the Gold Coast. lol

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the thing is she does have good knowledge of the game..but she’s got this thing in her head that she has to make every game dramatic and end of the world type stuff..just silly..
That’s the media in general sadly. I’m already sick of the over exaggeration of games that are meant to be dramatic this season. All the build up to this ‘Battle of Brisbane’ meant that they couldn’t give a honest assessment of it. Where was the intensity? It had nothing on Easts v Souths in that regard. There was a bit of niggle that’s it.

The game ended up being decent, but still a far cry from what it was built up to be. Probably the same as it was when the Crushers played Brisbane the first time. Actually, I just looked that up and Broncos spanked them 32-0 in their first clash lol. The game last night was close at least.

If anything, what I took from the game was that both teams are not as good as I previously thought, particularly Brisbane. Dolphin has won off the back of effort and a few touches of brilliance by Hammer etc. Brisbane have some quality players, and really should have smashed Dolphin, but they were a bit all over the shop.

Dolphin will be really tested with SOS injured. I rate him in the bottom 4 of halfbacks, but he at least gives them decent organisation. What now with Milf and Katoa? I can’t think of another half they could play, and Milf offers nothing, while Katoa doesn’t have the organisation skills from what I’ve seen.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its fox. They follow a formula. Enis and Parker do the same and sensationalize trivial garbage. Often gets picked up on 360. The drunk fuck goes on to write garbage articles. Its all part of the machine.
Yep. I forgot to say this in my previous post, but it’s the same for bad quality games. If it’s a team at the bottom of the ladder they’ll exaggerate the errors and make out like it’s trash, whereas last night in Brisbane, it was one of the most error riddled games so far this season, but they gloss over that.

P.S: Dolphin could have, probably should have won that. Lemuelu should have kept running over the top of Walsh. There’s fuck all chance he would have been stopped, and Niu could have easily knocked that long pass for the winning try down, if not intercepted, but he just watched it.