Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Canterbury Bankstown roosters

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
After the Super League War, it was a very realistic chance of us and the Magpies merging.

Western Bulldogs with our part of the club being the majority share made a lot of sense.

I'm saying that, I'm thankful to be Canterbury-Bankstown and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I hate the 'Western' and 'Wests'

West Sydney is how it shoud be.

'Western' is dumb when we could have a WA team who are way more western and hold more of a stake to that name.
Whats more, even in Sydney Penrit are more western.

Also 'wests' is just slang, and makes as much sense as calling us 'Banksie Bulldogs', it really is that stupid. Also doesnt roll of the tongue.

Also 'west' has a negative connotation to it now.
'The west' conjures images of LGBT,Drag hour, unchecked immigration and would be needlessly political.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
merge with no one.!!! Bulldogs DO NOT do that.

but seriously, you do bring bears back, and flick the knights or tigers or eels , May as well throw some ideas around lol.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No chance. There are teams I don’t mind but I’d never support them. I wouldn’t watch another game on principle. I’d just stick with NBA & boxing
only speaking for myself but no team is bigger than the game.

Maybe as an alternative, support Hull KR in the Super League?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
merge with no one.!!! Bulldogs DO NOT do that.

but seriously, you do bring bears back, and flick the knights or tigers or eels , May as well throw some ideas around lol.
No need to flick, just bring the bears into the CC to complete the NSW market.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If we merge with Nulla, surely we have to be called the bull sharks.
I thought about that but it works better as a gag rather thana relistic option.

Bullsharks is a god name for a team tho. never seen a team called that, but a bullshark is one of the more gangsta shark around.
Swim in lakes, bite kids type of thing.
Can be seen from Smiths Lake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s something I’d like to say to every K member … jokes aside … trolling aside .. the desperate need for attention aside …

What an utter disgrace to every Berries & Canterbury Bulldogs player, representative & fan, to Bullfrog and to every past coach and every person who’s ever fought to make this club win or lose the club that it is today, to even mention the words merge ….

Sorry, but what crap cross fan would ever write a shit thread like this on TK .. who’d comment as in its funny, or it’s “acceptable’ …

I’ve loved my club since I was 4 years of age, to mention this merge crap is an utter disgrace ,,

F*** Off back to Souths, this thread is disgraceful .. ..

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s something I’d like to say to every K member … jokes aside … trolling aside .. the desperate need for attention aside …

What an utter disgrace to every Berries & Canterbury Bulldogs player, representative & fan, to Bullfrog and to every past coach and every person who’s ever fought to make this club win or lose the club that it is today, to even mention the words merge ….

Sorry, but what crap cross fan would ever write a shit thread like this on TK .. who’d comment as in its funny, or it’s “acceptable’ …

I’ve loved my club since I was 4 years of age, to mention this merge crap is an utter disgrace ,,

I've been on the kennel since the days of Jimmy the Greek and this topic has appeared at least 20 different times over all these years.

It's a forum not real life. Just block him and you will be ok mate.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs wont merge, too rich in culture and history besides other things. Meanwhile, NRL just survived covid and going strong.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs wont merge, too rich in culture and history besides other things. Meanwhile, NRL just survived covid and going strong.

Pokies revenue could change that long term. I remember profits were not so good during the covid era and it had a effect of the club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Stop bringing Bullflog into it as a revered human.
His legacy is what screwed this club.
I wouldn’t disrespect a dead man but if he was living and didn’t intervene in the monster he created I’d spit in front of him like hos Tupac did to Suge Knight.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pokies revenue could change that long term. I remember profits were not so good during the covid era and it had a effect of the club.
This very simple point is what makes it a real possibility.

The NSW premier is a Mormon and has made it his mission to ban pokies and he’s doing it on a moral level and won’t accept the bribe

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can't be serious Nasheed
Why do I get the feeling this is another stir the pot thread ?
Almost every time things are relatively calm on TK another thread by the usual suspects is posted...
I'm almost convinced that the usual suspects are setup fake accounts by the mods to help create clickbaits :tearsofjoy:
Nasheed here,
With all the relocation talk during Covid it got me thinking - who would u want to merge with if it came down to it?
Beyond that, how would u went the name and jersey to be?

for me no question it’s the sharks as we can keep the blue black and white theme and we are next door.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't be serious Nasheed
Why do I get the feeling this is another stir the pot thread ?
Almost every time things are relatively calm on TK another thread by the usual suspects is posted...
I'm almost convinced that the usual suspects are setup fake accounts by the mods to help create clickbaits :tearsofjoy:
Its just a hypothetical, if it was a pot stir Id be saying 'we should merge'.
But lifes too small to troll internet forums.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How did you feel when Souths got kicked out of the comp? English sports are crap and at a bad time
Souths getting kicked out upset me, but I was young but I had the dogs to fall back on. Also i knew souths wil be back because they are the pride of the league.
England league strugglig more ar eason to support them. Birthplace of league.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Relocation is always on the cards, hate to say it but that is a possibility if it aint the Bears or some other Sydney club. Perth Bulldogs for example or South Island Canterbury Bulldogs (NZ), where they'd play Sydney games and couple Belmore games.
The Bulldogs need to grow quicker than the NRL, there's going to be a time when the pokies aren't enough or restricted and the TV deal just about covers salary cap. It's part of the reasoning why Bulldogs need to jump at the chance to deal with Canterbury Leagues , relevant governments, and other local clubs like Bankstown Sports maybe for a stadium. A stadium that Bulldogs control, operate.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's concerning, NRL clubs and especially Bulldogs earn differently to European and AFL clubs, they really are propped up by the Leagues clubs and NRL money.