News Match Preview-Bulldogs v Wests Tigers: Same 17 likely; Simpkin, Talau set to miss

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wonder if Tigers will play Nagatikauru as bench hooker now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The feeling we have it in the bag thing is what worries me. We need the team to prepare like it's a finals match every week even if we face a supposedly easy to beat team.

We'd have taken confidence from the win on Saturday. But that can be detrimental if it's not kept in check. They need to remember that it's not just going to fall into place without the effort.
Just trying to be optimistic brother :grinning: Not death riding hahaha !!!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Tigers will also be missing -
Isaiah Papali'i (Wests Tigers)Grade 2 Dangerous ContactGuilty - early plea1 match

Big Danger game mentally IMO - I'll take a win by 2, but obviously like everyone I'm hoping for a smash up in our favour.
100%, I'm condfident we have the ability, but zero confidence we have the mentality to win. The worst thing for us will be to score in the first 5min.

Love nothing more than for the boys to prove me wrong, but this has a shitty dogs performance written all over it.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The irony with the reporting of kautoga to dogs next year is he could actually get a run this week.

I think Papali being out suspended is actually a blessing for the Tigers. He is their big money recruit so wouldn’t be getting dropped. But he has been really poor for them this year. Whoever does come in will probably improve them.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
7 years of winning one game and then people expect a convincing thrashing the following week only to be disappointed!

I'll be thrilled with a win by 1 or 13+... Tiger's will be up for this and with Bateman back and our record at Belmore it won't be a walk in the park!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The irony with the reporting of kautoga to dogs next year is he could actually get a run this week.

I think Papali being out suspended is actually a blessing for the Tigers. He is their big money recruit so wouldn’t be getting dropped. But he has been really poor for them this year. Whoever does come in will probably improve them.
He isn't getting a run, not in their top 30.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t care what the score is, as long as we win! After seeing the tigers pathetic performance against the knights .. you feel we have this one in the bag! Especially if the boys start how they did last week.
Who have u guys got this week? Knights gunna be a tough game..don't take them to lightly and make sure you PHIN UP

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
7 years of winning one game and then people expect a convincing thrashing the following week only to be disappointed!

I'll be thrilled with a win by 1 or 13+... Tiger's will be up for this and with Bateman back and our record at Belmore it won't be a walk in the park!
We’ve also had seven years without a hooker.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be hard to get up for this one considering it’s our first game of the year at Belmore and the players know the fans deserve a strong win on home soil. It’s been way too long.
maybe u should the pre match talk to the team
because it hasnt worked the last few times we have played at Belmore

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A 3-1 start is very doable
Let's get to 2-1 first.
If we got some confidence in our capability & systems from Round 2, and go out there with the intent to get better at implementing them, then we'll do well.
If we also picked up some complacency (as if one is somehow enough), then ANY team, even the team running last, can beat us on the day (especially a team that has learned to lose over the last 3 years in particular).
One win does not overcome that culture. We need to work really hard to replace that old losing culture with the new one we're trying to ingrain.
Huge game for the Dogs, precisely because the Tigers are struggling. We've had a history of playing poor teams back into form - this cannot happen this week if we are truly on the rebuild.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stop taking it to heart fool. It’s only an avatar lol.. Fins only 2 games old as a club, I’ve been blue and white since I was a pup :tongueclosed: But you all know this.
Hmm nah I saw a pic of a Dolphin hat and alot of Doplhin cucking hey haha
Do we know it though? Haha

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
maybe u should the pre match talk to the team
because it hasnt worked the last few times we have played at Belmore
True.. but I’ll leave that one to CC mate that’s what he’s getting paid the big bucks for. But as a passionate fan and somebody been in and around the game for 30 odd years I find it hard to believe we would be complacent already. We should be very hungry.