Opinion How deflating seriously?

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried all off-season to not get ahead of myself but boy I jumped on the hype train after that first trial against the undermanned raiders, still wasn’t convinced although I saw positives.

Then came the sharks trial and my god the start we had I thought we might actually have come out of this dark hole we been for 7-10 years. Then it all fell to pieces as I started seeing the same old habits and plays coming from the players and team.

Then my stupid deluded self managed to to talk to myself that it was only a trial and reading the kennel helped convince what I wanted to believe that yeah just a trial don’t buy to much into it, but deep down I knew I was kidding myself. Just to all the fellow participants and posters on this forum who was telling the other posters to calm down it’s just a trial after the sharks game. Um can you please explain this one without blaming we had no tpj and no Thomson. ?

Honestly I don’t know where we go from here.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to learn by now to not buy into any of the hype. Be realistic with our expectations because even then we're going to do much worse. Until the team shows and proves itself we're going to be in grim season time and time again.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wasnt sure we would win but didnt expect to be bashed. Looks like we need time with half the team either new recruits or debutants, to get some combinations going. They mostly looked like they hadnt played together before. Which to an extent is true

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to learn by now to not buy into any of the hype. Be realistic with our expectations because even then we're going to do much worse. Until the team shows and proves itself we're going to be in grim season time and time again.
Gus has been telling us that, it’s the media articles behind the hype

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's one game, new players and new combos all over the shop. The right edge of Preston, Flange, Avo, and Kiraz looked much better than the left edge.

Reckon the players have a lot to learn this season about their own headspace when they are out on the field. The last two weeks have been a rude awakening, they now have a better understanding what they are up against, and how much they need each other.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s the way todays game panned out for mine. I actually thought we were defending well and staying in the fight. Yes we got shit calls. But I thought we were hanging in the fight well. But then dumb plays kicked in. Kikau kicking, the dropped balls and stupid offloads. Then the Burton intercept at the end was the slap in the face.

They can talk it up all they way. Us fans know they’re shit anyway. Dumb play. Dumb players. A lot of work to be done.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was boring to watch mistake after mistake.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's one game, new players and new combos all over the shop. The right edge of Preston, Flange, Avo, and Kiraz looked much better than the left edge.

Reckon the players have a lot to learn this season about their own headspace when they are out on the field. The last two weeks have been a rude awakening, they now have a better understanding what they are up against, and how much they need each other.
The right edge looked infinitely better than the left and they got practically zero quality ball. Ennis mentioned it late in the second half, we had Brown, Flanagan and Hayze all setup to the left and Mahoney goes left to Burton...

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more curious about what exactly did we did all off season!?!

Seems they had a school camp in Campbelltown where we all held hands around a campfire, did some cuddling practice at a dojo, and learned how to pass by someone who has never played Rugby League, only to completely misfire in the trials, and in Round 1.

Meanwhile other teams were busy doing military training camps, and focussing on the game on field.

Did the club screwup by having too much "offseason" stuff featuring all grades, and not enough focus on first grade perhaps?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried all off-season to not get ahead of myself but boy I jumped on the hype train after that first trial against the undermanned raiders, still wasn’t convinced although I saw positives.

Then came the sharks trial and my god the start we had I thought we might actually have come out of this dark hole we been for 7-10 years. Then it all fell to pieces as I started seeing the same old habits and plays coming from the players and team.

Then my stupid deluded self managed to to talk to myself that it was only a trial and reading the kennel helped convince what I wanted to believe that yeah just a trial don’t buy to much into it, but deep down I knew I was kidding myself. Just to all the fellow participants and posters on this forum who was telling the other posters to calm down it’s just a trial after the sharks game. Um can you please explain this one without blaming we had no tpj and no Thomson. ?

Honestly I don’t know where we go from here.
We're bottom of the comp.
Nowhere to go.
But we know this place, and we are comfortable being under achievers and losers.

Storm in Melbourne next week - another 20+ loss.

It's what the Dogs are, and nothing is going to change by the looks of it.