• Total voters

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was terrible for a long time. Would have had the same development in reserve grade lol
There's also a big difference between being thrown into a successful side full of Premiership winners and rep footballers....and us lol. Walker had Keary and Teddy lining up alongside him, strike players like Crichton, Manu, Tupou. A player like JWH who attempt to murder anyone that breathed on Walker. There's just no comparison.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m calling for JR to be 7 against Manly with Nu Brown 14 and I really think this will be strongly considered by CC. On trial form it’s a no brainer, JR was bloody good on Sunday, KF was good in defence but his primary role is offence and the poor bugger just can’t make up for his lack of a running game. I’d like Karl Olapou to spend as much time this year on the field in the top grade with JR, will help him tremendously. As much as it is out of left field JR could be this years missing piece, hopefully he stays relatively injury free. I’ve got nothing personally against young Kyle, probably great kid, loves his mother, all that stuff, but unfortunately he’s a passenger when in possession. Come on CC make this call and unlock our teams potential!
It feels like it is time to take a leap of faith and select JR but...It won't happen !
This is possibly the team for round 1
1 Perham
2 Kiraz
3 Averillo
4 Alamoti
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 Mahoney
10 King
11 Kikau
12 RFM
13 Sutton
14 Reynolds
15 Preston
16 Davey
17 Pele

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's also a big difference between being thrown into a successful side full of Premiership winners and rep footballers....and us lol. Walker had Keary and Teddy lining up alongside him, strike players like Crichton, Manu, Tupou. A player like JWH who attempt to murder anyone that breathed on Walker. There's just no comparison.
And he still struggled haha

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh isn’t an option imo. He will get injured. On the bench is his best position

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And he still struggled haha
He got found out. Can some one help me think of the last player that was actually good who we've signed from the Roosters?

I swear they keep selling us fucking duds!!

Off the top of my head all I can think of is Perrett who was solid on the wing for us. That was in bloody 2012, I don't think we've got anyone good from them in over a decade.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if we had Foran, Burton and Mahoney throw in Kikau man we would win some games, we don't have anyone in our halves as capable as him it'll probably be Titans knock us out of contention for the 8 Oh yeah i forgot hes made of glass or was it our trainers were made of shit! that's my vent for the week.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine if we had Foran, Burton and Mahoney throw in Kikau man we would win some games, we don't have anyone in our halves as capable as him it'll probably be Titans knock us out of contention for the 8 Oh yeah i forgot hes made of glass or was it our trainers were made of shit! that's my vent for the week.
One of the worst bits of business I have seen our club do in recent years, moving on Foran for... FLOPAGAN!! Seriously ffs and we wonder why our attack fucking sucks

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh it’s fucked.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it's stupid when the other half option is Flanagan. If Benji could play 80 minutes back to back for 5 games in his last year I think you underestimate tbh. Rajab should of been top 30 (can play half way through season), Oloapu coming through, don't need Reynolds for the full season either. I mentioned all that before in my other posts but you glossed over that I guess. TLDR I would 100% take Reynolds for 50-60 minutes (worst case scenario, could play 80) and a back-up half on the bench or from another starting position over starting with Flanagan. I mean Averillo has no future in the centres so even playing him at "halfback" (shouldn't of been moved last time for Flanagan either).
I won't be surprised if there's a bit of musical chairs this year over HB as none of the options are consistent NRL standard and Flanno won't be here next year unless the club is nuts.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should never have moved Jake from halfback, him and Burton have a 50% win rate as a halves combo btw.
You’re a legend Critta.

I am all in on the Averillo and Burton halves combo for 2023. I truly believe that is our best halves combo as of right now.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is a better trainer, pushes others to be better. What you do in game much more important anyways.
It definitely is. All I’m pointing out about Flanagan is that he gets his effort levels right at training and during the game. It’s obvious the things he is lacking but his work ethic is what gets him a start.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It definitely is. All I’m pointing out about Flanagan is that he gets his effort levels right at training and during the game. It’s obvious the things he is lacking but his work ethic is what gets him a start.
Mate he is prolly a few seasons away from being a really good half… but we need some wins, we can’t afford to not be competing this year, he is copping a fair amount of shit here. I don’t mean any thing derogatory towards him I prefer See Reynolds and Burton with options some one else suggested another lock come on lol…

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except at Cronulla when I was one of the best prospects in the league, against the Knights when I produced the best Bulldogs debut since SBW, our most recent premierships match against Manly, in which I earned MOTM honours, and a whole bunch of other times. My career has been hijacked by clueless coaches. But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, baby!
Sounds like you’re blowing your own trumpet.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Take a 1.3 motor from an toyota that starts every time and a small block V8 blowing smoke running on 7 cylinders.
Now which 1 do you put in your Monaro to run and be competitive down the strip?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re just going to have to trust Flange for the first few rounds… can’t see CC making last minute changes to his preseason make up.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The gun out at all costs,

Watch out for the fox sports fake news media beat up when he is moved on