Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jack Williams was injured last year wasn’t he?
Yep, shoulder reco mid season. Strong defender and has decent leg speed. Would be a great cheap option for a lock or bench forward.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to see the Panthers giving Crichton some experience at fullback for us

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Presumably Reynolds replaces Thommo or Reed at some point, it will be interesting to see how he copes defensively

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect match up to see the changes in attitude and defense structures, sharks throw plenty of attack at you.
Looking forward to this one!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Waddell on the bench isn't a sign of things to come. I just don't get what coaches see in him that we don't. Don't they see his errors and lack of impact. He's f..king average at best. Gonna be spewing if we re-sign him too.

No impact at all off our bench by forwards for this weekend. Surely Pele offers heaps more. I really hope Pele makes the 17 for round 1. Love watching players like him bend and break the line
Waddel is the most useless forward playing nrl, I just think he trains really hard like Flanagan and that's the only reasons they keep persisting with him which is a piss poor reason if that's the only reason, he offers nothing at all

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Waddel is the most useless forward playing nrl, I just think he trains really hard like Flanagan and that's the only reasons they keep persisting with him which is a piss poor reason if that's the only reason, he offers nothing at all
Let me make sure that I have this right...................................

You believe that CC and the rest of the Coaching Staff haven't watched any games live and/or video of Waddell playing last season. Didn't watch last weekend's trail game. Didn't review it minute by minute, on repeat, watching every players actions while they were on the field. Don't take any input whatsoever from the other players. That Gould doesn't let CC know his thoughts on how players are going.

You truly believe that they ONLY base their team selections on what happens at training.

FMD, you must have very low opinion of CC, the Coaching Staff and Gould.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Waddel is the most useless forward playing nrl
This is just NOT TRUE.
He's a top-class backrower and will look great in blue & gold in an undermanned Eels pack (ain't that true, Super Assistant Barrett)?
The Bulldogs don't deserve his talents anyway.

Call Gus. Set up the meeting with Brad. Get it done already.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I thought Alamoti was very quiet last week, interested to see how he goes in between JAC and Kikau this week ..

Yeah me too, good to see some depth in the outside backs this year competition for spots that Blake Wilson was also solid on the wing imo.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who say trail games mean nothing don’t be fooled.
We played Cronulla last year in same trail last year and sucked and carried that into 2022.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wasn't Barrett sacked? Or was that a dream?
The bench looks like something he would have picked.
I was looking forward to a bit more creativity or excitement with bench selections.
But I guess they're the experts. Rugby League is a very complex game after all.
And it's just a trial.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Barrett sacked? Or was that a dream?
The bench looks like something he would have picked.
I was looking forward to a bit more creativity or excitement with bench selections.
But I guess they're the experts. Rugby League is a very complex game after all.
And it's just a trial.
Bahah CC is TBaz 2.0 watch the Kennel melt down

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Team list

1 Hayze Perham
2 Jacob Kiraz
3 Jake Averillo
4 Paul Alamoti
5 Josh Addo-Carr
6 Matt Burton
7 Kyle Flanagan
8 Max King
9 Reed Mahoney
10 Tevita Pangai Junior
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Luke Thompson
Interchange
14 Josh Reynolds
15 Ryan Sutton
16 Andrew Davey
17 Corey Waddell
19 Jeral Skelton
20 Jackson Topine
21 Jacob Preston
22 Braidon Burns
23 Jayden Tanner
24 Khaled Rajab
25 Jayden Okunbor
26 Ryan Gray
27 Franklin Pele
My only concern apart from our great Gun, is how will Karaz and Averillo handle the 2 powerfull Sharks centres.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My only concern apart from our great Gun, is how will Karaz and Averillo handle the 2 powerfull Sharks centres.
They have to get in their faces, you can’t let those guys have room. See how they go but wouldn’t be surprised to see Skelton injected to offset any mismatch.