Opinion Karl Oloapu

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he was playing Flegg he would be trialing in Toowoomba this weekend with the rest of the boys.
Not necessarily.

I hit send before I finished the full post!

Looking at the squads up at Toowoomba, theres a lot of NSW Cup and Flegg players that are missing, so that may not necessarily be the case, but I would not be surprised if he walks right into NSW Cup.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it just flegg this weekend? I thought I read somewhere the cup boys were having a run also, but haven’t seen any team lists anywhere.
Like every year the grades step up a grade.
The Flegg boys are playing in the Cup trial while most of the Cup boys will be trialling with first grade being unlimited interchange next weekend.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Queensland Under 19 emerging squad named
AuthorMichael HillierQRL MediaTimestampWed 1 Feb 2023, 04:01 PM
Michael Hillier

Share on social media
Members of Queensland’s Under 19 emerging squad will assemble in Brisbane this weekend to continue their development under a newly-appointed coaching and support team.
Former Maroons hooker Matt Ballin will lead the camp for Queensland-based members of the squad, which is part of the QRL’s emerging Origin program that aims to help develop highly skilled rugby league players for future Queensland representation.

Southern-based players assembled last weekend in Sydney, where they were addressed by Ballin and former Maroons star Greg Inglis.
Players involved in the squad are striving for selection in the Queensland Under 19 team for the annual clash against New South Wales.
While the date and venue for this match is yet to be confirmed by the NRL, the young Maroons are well advanced in their planning and preparations.
Hooker Blake Mozer is in the mix once again to represent the Queensland Under 19 Boys team. Photo: Vanessa Hafner/QRL
Hooker Blake Mozer is in the mix once again to represent the Queensland Under 19 Boys team. Photo: Vanessa Hafner/QRL
A current member of the senior Brisbane Broncos coaching staff, Ballin is taking on the head coaching position for the first time.

He replaces Kurt Richards, a long-serving coaching member of Queensland pathway programs.

Richards tasted success on numerous occasions with state underage teams, and has played a crucial role in the personal development of many young stars who feature regularly in the NRL.

Now with the NRL Dolphins, Richards will stay involved in the program through his role as a selector.

Ballin is being supported by assistant coaches Nathan Cross and Antonio Kaufusi.

Ballin and Kaufusi with the 2022 Queensland Country Under 17 Boys team. Photo: Scott Davis/QRL
Ballin and Kaufusi with the 2022 Queensland Country Under 17 Boys team. Photo: Scott Davis/QRL
The experienced Cross recently commenced work as the QRL’s pathways and performance coach, while Kaufusi is a former NRL and Maroons player who last year coached the Under 17 Queensland Country team against City.

The Queensland Under 19 squad features numerous players involved in that match, including City captain Stanley Huen and Country enforcer De La Salle Va’a.

A strong contingent of players involved in the Queensland Emerging Under 18 squad that came together in May last year have also been selected in this year’s Under 19 emerging squad.

Queensland Under 19 Emerging Origin Squad
NameClub
Matua BrownNorth Queensland Cowboys
Chris FaagutuWests Tigers
Jye GraySouth Sydney Rabbitohs
Arama HauGold Coast Titans
Angus HincheyMelbourne Storm
Stanley HuenMelbourne Storm
Caleb JacksonThe Dolphins
Ryan JacksonThe Dolphins
Mitchell JenningsMelbourne Storm
Mason KiraMelbourne Storm
Zack LamontNorth Queensland Cowboys
Liam Le BlancSouth Sydney Rabbitohs
Israel LeotaBrisbane Broncos
Josh LynnParramatta Eels
Damon MarshallCanterbury Bulldogs
Haizyn MellarsSouth Sydney Rabbitohs
Blake MozerBrisbane Broncos
Seth NikotemoGold Coast Titans
Karl OloapuCanterbury Bulldogs
Josiah PahuluGold Coast Titans
Gabriel SatrickMelbourne Storm
Tim Sielaff-BurnsPenrith Panthers
Elekana SuavaiNorth Queensland Cowboys
Tyreece TaitBrisbane Broncos
Ben Te KuraBrisbane Broncos
Robert ToiaSydney Roosters
De La Salle Va'aSydney Roosters
Michael WaqaThe Dolphins
Kallum Weatherall-StaceyCanterbury Bulldogs
Del WigmorePenrith Panthers
Kallum Weatherall-Stacey another interesting one anyone know how this kid goes his a forward ?

That Damon Marshall kid looks mad haha

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the number of players playing in the Toowoomba trials this weekend it looks like we also have the Ron Massey guys in the mix

I expect each week the Ron Massey squad will be a mix of guys too old for Flegg / not selected in the NSW Cup side and the surplus Flegg squad.

All up it looks like we have about 85-90 plays on the books to fill the 4 sides - NRL, NSW Cup, Flegg and Massey

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here they come, Dogs a destination club again.....line up fuckers....
Too funny. 13 liked your generalised comment...yet wait up....ITS TRUE. Gus IS interested in this guy....so much so that he spent $500k of this years cap on securing him.
Who's the idiot fucker now eh?

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Too funny. 13 liked your generalised comment...yet wait up....ITS TRUE. Gus IS interested in this guy....so much so that he spent $500k of this years cap on securing him.
The $500k was a transfer fee paid to the Broncos. Transfer fees are exempt from the salary cap in case you didn't know.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 500k is not included in the cap plus its media speculative Gus would of worked out a better deal.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hope you took some notes down when big Willie was explaining what the clubs culture is all about .. as I don’t think you get it ..
Willie giving Oloapu a culture talk is a bit of a worry to be honest.... nek minnit he'll be leaving us for the Roosters so he can box in the pre-season.....

PS I get it, baby. I talked you through all the most important dot points yesterday.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope you took some notes down when big Willie was explaining what the clubs culture is all about .. as I don’t think you get it ..
They did a QnA on the bulldog players on insta and the said Flanagan is the biggest pest an ankle biter nipping at your heels all the time. :tearsofjoy: