I feel a repeat of 09

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No, in 2009 we had an Origin level halfback & fullback. Those 2 positions are our biggest weaknesses this year. If you have an elite spine then they can cover for other positions.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think we'll have as good a season as we did that year, but I think we'll have a great turnaround season and will make the 8...

Mahoney and Kikau are very impactful players not only with their own performances, but the attention they attract from the defence and the space they create for others...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No, in 2009 we had an Origin level halfback & fullback. Those 2 positions are our biggest weaknesses this year. If you have an elite spine then they can cover for other positions.
Interesting choice of words "Origin level halfback & fullback", Luke Pattern didn't play Origin, although many Bulldogs' fans consider that a miscarriage of justice, but nonetheless it is true. I would also point out that Ben Roberts was the 5/8, so there is a valid argument that the halves combo for 2023 is at least as good as the 2009 combo.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting choice of words "Origin level halfback & fullback", Luke Pattern didn't play Origin, although many Bulldogs' fans consider that a miscarriage of justice, but nonetheless it is true. I would also point out that Ben Roberts was the 5/8, so there is a valid argument that the halves combo for 2023 is at least as good as the 2009 combo.

Always a Bulldog
Ben Roberts had an outlier career best season in 09

We will need similar from Flanno

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This can only transpire if you go plant a Doggies flag on Scott Penns mansion to assert our dominance
who was the member who put those small doggies flags on souths leagues a few years back