Two of the six members of our “leadership group” have never played FG for the bulldogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hi Fam,

It just occurred to me that 33.3 percent of our leadership group have never played a game for us in first grade… let alone have a good idea of what the club is all about. One of those players has been named co-captain.

There was a time when you had to earn your stripes for this club. Our culture is slowly dying. Sad times… sad times indeed.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This has been discussed already in the thread about the leadership groups appointment.

So in the past I'd have been unimpressed that a new player in the team had been picked. But we've had a losing record for long enough that I'd actually prefer someone from a winning culture was considered.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This has been discussed already in the thread about the leadership groups appointment.

So in the past I'd have been unimpressed that a new player in the team had been picked. But we've had a losing record for long enough that I'd actually prefer someone from a winning culture was considered.
Foxx comes from a winning culture. Foxx and Burton co-captains. Should have been a no brainer. At least they know what it means to be dogs.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I must be wrong cause I kinda agree with you. I don’t like or understand the leadership model too. Co captains is the norm but off field and on field captains is fkn strange. Which captaincy carries more weight?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a symptomatic of our high turnover rate and the fact we are lacking existing players with experience.
If Ciraldo gets the team to finals this year he has done an outstanding job. Yes we have more talent in the squad but with so many new players it will be a challenge to get the team to gel.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I must be wrong cause I kinda agree with you. I don’t like or understand the leadership model too. Co captains is the norm but off field and on field captains is fkn strange. Which captaincy carries more weight?
I guess it makes sense to make RFM off field captain considering he spends most of his time off the field.

The naming of three captains and six leaders kinda does suggest Ciraldo can’t commit to decisions and doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing…

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foxx comes from a winning culture. Foxx and Burton co-captains. Should have been a no brainer. At least they know what it means to be dogs.
Repeating myself from the other thread, but the big issue with having a winger as captain is that if the ref needs to discuss something on the far side of the field with the captain, it can leave a huge defensive lapse while he gets back in position.

But he's also not calling the plays from out there, he's not going to see anything that went on on the other side of the field either. And while he's popular with players and fans, I don't see him being the type that would have the most rational discussion with refs. He's great at stirring the players up, but I've got this age in my head of him saying"c'mon brah, let us trot"

JAC is actually part of the cultural leadership group anyway. so he's got some input just not going to be directly involved with referee discussion.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It is a symptomatic of our high turnover rate and the fact we are lacking existing players with experience.
If Ciraldo gets the team to finals this year he has done an outstanding job. Yes we have more talent in the squad but with so many new players it will be a challenge to get the team to gel.
I have every confidence Ciraldo can take us to the finals… if the leagues club is willing to pay for the tickets.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau has played in the last 3 GF’s in a row and is a 2 x premiership winning player …

Mahoney just helped steer his team to the GF last season … Both players have been playing finals footy for what, the last 4 or 5 seasons?

Meanwhile we’ve been getting the spoon and trying to avoid last place …

Are you questioning these players leadership qualities ?