2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has been sitting out since at least the last day of the camp.
In camp each player has to stand up and answer two questions

1. Highlight of career so far
2. Lowlight

TPJ told the team he has chronic back pain that will plague him for the rest of his career and he basically needles up every game (last couple years) he plays through the pain and will again this year ….

When Ray spoke about his battle with injuries and set backs and the comeback and how much he loves the club

Not a dry eye in the room

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

2. Lowlight

TPJ told the team he has chronic back pain that will plague him for the rest of his career and he basically needles up every game (last couple years) he plays through the pain and will again this year ….

When Ray spoke about his battle with injuries and set backs and the comeback and how much he loves the club

Is he already not training because of his back?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

2. Lowlight

Yet he decided to box in the off season

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PJ told the team he has chronic back pain that will plague him for the rest of his career and he basically needles up every game (last couple years) he plays through the pain and will again this year ….
So this and he still trains for and participates in preseason boxing... WTF. I get that a certain training can help the back through strengthening of certain muscle groups. But you can't tell me going into the ring and the unpredictability of what can happen there helps.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the fuck passes like that? Seems like a complete waste of time
Hopefully
Apparently when CC started he took time to learn about the history of the area, turns out that there was an old sawmill yard and so after learning about it he asks Gus to set up a get together for all staff, players and partners/families for a BBQ.

He orders a big log o wood and saw and puts the saw into it. At the get together he asks everyone to stand around it as he explains the history behind the sawmill then he says that each tooth on the saw represents each person associated with the club and if they don’t saw together the wood won’t be cut (metaphorically speaking)

CC is a natural born leader that doesn’t hide behind Gus, his own man and we will see success return in the near future to this great club
Hmm, this kinda worries me tbh. Using metaphors and saws in logs etc… does he realise he’s dealing with footy players? Lol.

We all saw what an abject failure Seibold was in Brisbane, apparently because his ways were too complicated. I just hope CC isn’t going down the same road. Same with that passing drill. Perhaps there’s a point to it that needs explaining, or maybe they only practice passing straight out in front to start with.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree regarding Thompson. Many are quick to bag him, but a captain is chosen from players within the squad who command their team mates respect, and lead by example. Thompson may not live up to his price tag, but none of the kennel experts know his day to day output in regards to leadership within the playing group.
Many have stated they dont want to see a leadership group, but given Jacksons sudden retirement, and the fact that Ciraldo has just been appointed, and players like Mahoney, Kiks and Burton are still earning their stripes within our club, and players like JAC who is probably the best candidate, is probably too far from the action, and Thompson who may not be here next year, i think a leadership group works in the current situation. At the end of the year Ciraldo can take stock, and decide who the best candidate is.
How does the leadership group work? Do they take turns at it like the tIgers did? Does one toss the coin, one talk to the ref and one talk in the huddle? Leadership never works like this in sport there is always an alpha who the team follows. You are right about Captains emerging through respect etc. From what i have seen, it is JAC or RFM. Reed hasn't demonstrated a commitment to the culture - yet. Burton not ready. Thommo should not even be in the conversation.