Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played some Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla yesterday and kept thinking how good modern gaming can be. Such a beautiful game and so thorough on Viking history and life. I haven’t gotten right into it and won’t until I buy it. I was playing a copy that I bought for my brother and am lending it for a bit. It has some interesting aspects, including a whole non-game that is about experiencing Viking life iirc. So you can learn about in an interactive way, which is cool.
I played right through it and there was some aspects I liked about it, but much I didn't like. It gets very repetitive, most of the characters in the game aren't very likeable, the game is way too long with it taking around 80 hours to get through the story and 150 hours to get the true ending. And compared to Greece in the last game, England is dead boring.

But when you unlock dual wielding 2handers and you just crush people, feels so good. Plus the free Kassandra (Odyssey) quest they added was good. The Valhalla stuff is great, and a lot of the DLC is good. Unfortunately I just didn't like the main story much. Especially the ending. Rubbish ending. But if you enjoy the gameplay then keep going with it.

Personally I much preferred Assassin's Creed Odyssey. If you haven't played that, I highly recommend it. Especially if you're into Greek mythology and history.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I played right through it and there was some aspects I liked about it, but much I didn't like. It gets very repetitive, most of the characters in the game aren't very likeable, the game is way too long with it taking around 80 hours to get through the story and 150 hours to get the true ending. And compared to Greece in the last game, England is dead boring.

But when you unlock dual wielding 2handers and you just crush people, feels so good. Plus the free Kassandra (Odyssey) quest they added was good. The Valhalla stuff is great, and a lot of the DLC is good. Unfortunately I just didn't like the main story much. Especially the ending. Rubbish ending. But if you enjoy the gameplay then keep going with it.

Personally I much preferred Assassin's Creed Odyssey. If you haven't played that, I highly recommend it. Especially if you're into Greek mythology and history.
I think I've finally given up on AC, didn't play the last game. I'm still shitty they killed Desmond off...

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I've finally given up on AC, didn't play the last game. I'm still shitty they killed Desmond off...
How else they gonna add their precious female protagonists lol. Had to be done for the overwhelming majority that were offended there was no female assassin.

Are you going to boycott the hogwarts game by the way? Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How else they gonna add their precious female protagonists lol. Had to be done for the overwhelming majority that were offended there was no female assassin.

Why would I?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What? If that was true I'd stop driving my Tesla because I love dunking on Musk lol
You don’t have a Tesla. Or if you do you probably have lol. Well I would anyway, I don’t like these progressive battery powered vehicles that can potentially be turned off at any point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You don’t have a Tesla. Or if you do you probably have lol. Well I would anyway, I don’t like these progressive battery powered vehicles that can potentially be turned off at any point.
Of course I don't have one, I don't even have a car anymore :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm going to boycott the Hogwarts game because Harry Potter is shit. Got dragged to the first movie because Lord of the Rings was sold out. Crap movie. Never bothered with the rest. Almost as bad as Fast and Furious.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to boycott the Hogwarts game because Harry Potter is shit. Got dragged to the first movie because Lord of the Rings was sold out. Crap movie. Never bothered with the rest. Almost as bad as Fast and Furious.
Lies. Harry Potter was great.