Deep Dive - Telegraph Bulldogs Story

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo is not even close to naming his 17, so anyone speculating otherwise at this point is doing just that.
Must admit, im very much looking forward to Ciraldo's round 1 team sheet!
Do you only lodge a Powerball entry after you know the winning numbers? Nominating a team now is just like picking the lotto numbers, some you might get right and some you will undoubtedly get wrong. But that’s no reason not to play, it’s free.

Always a Bulldog

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i thought the dogs would finish 12th this year. they did, tipping them to finish 9th this year and make the 8 next year.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leapord never changes his spots
Well kid, at least Papa Joe’s post is here for everyone to see, it actually exists for me to comment an apology on .. and as you’d of noted, I did the right thing straight away and asked the mod’s to merge mine into his.

Your mythical post that you’re still crying about has still never been sighted, it was never merged in with mine, and I haven’t seen any other TK members mention they saw it, it just disappeared like a fart in the wind ..

It’s not the first time TK members have doubled up on posts when information or announcements come out and it won’t be the last … mod’s generally just merge them and everyone moves on ..

Time you moved on as well …

Thank you @PapaJoe for being mature about it and not writing comment after comment about conspiracy theories and other childish crap ..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are absolutely a club on the rise, but finals footy would still exceed expectations - comparing our spine to others, we are short one or two marquee/capable players. Flanagan has been bog average in attack with his support play, defence and effort being his strengths… Averillo looked like coming into his own when given the FB job, contracted Covid and was never the same.

We’re effectively two key spine players, a meter eater and a natural leader short of elitism. We must be patient- 2023 is exciting but 2024 should be epic.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are absolutely a club on the rise, but finals footy would still exceed expectations - comparing our spine to others, we are short one or two marquee/capable players. Flanagan has been bog average in attack with his support play, defence and effort being his strengths… Averillo looked like coming into his own when given the FB job, contracted Covid and was never the same.

We’re effectively two key spine players, a meter eater and a natural leader short of elitism. We must be patient- 2023 is exciting but 2024 should be epic.
This!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I am ever the optimist, and the reason behind my optimism in 2023 is the new fitness regime.

Let's look at our spine the last time we had a new successful high performance team implemented.

1. Barba
6. Reynolds
7. Keating
9. Ennis

Result was minor premier and grand final appearance.

Potentially
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
9. Mahoney

Result is I got high hopes.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All these fools not starting King is upsetting me
Todays game is a 17 man game. Makes no difference if king starts or comes off the bench and plays the same minutes. It will come down to the best balance of the team and what opposition we are playing.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
but finals footy would still exceed expectations
I don't think so. We have a very decent footy team now and should expect to compete.
7-10 is par I would think. We should expect to be there or there abouts.
comparing our spine to others
Actually, it's comparing our spine (this year) to ourselves (last year).
We have:
* Mahoney (a HUGE upgrade on JMK)
* Burton (a year older, more experienced, settled, and I have no better)
* Flanagan (sans the Barrett nerf and now with the Ciraldo buff. He might not be the '24 & beyond option, or even end up playing out '23 as first choice half, but I fully expect the '23:Flanagan+Ciraldo offering to be wildly better than the '22:Flanagan-Barrett debacle).
*Averillo (ditto for the Flanagan scenario. He will be much improved under Ciraldo. Whether that locks him in as fullback, or he ends up at centre or the bench...we'll see).
a meter eater
Max King (enough said), a fired-up TPJ, a rejuvenated Luke Thompson, and a smokey from Sutton, Pele, or Hughes, all under the expectation and guidance of Ciraldo should see a much improved '23 approach over '22. Add Kikau on the left edge and we should be expecting much better go-forward.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Two realistic key spine players:
Fullback-
Averillo reaching new heights this year at FB and solidifying a crucial role in future years to come.
Halfback-
Just so fucked in this department if we don’t get a Moses or G Williams or someone good on the market.

Realistic Meter eater props-
Horsburgh, Kamikamica, Leniu are all players that i deem a chance to be at the Dogs. NAS linked but i see us no chance, he will stay at Melbourne.

Realistic Natural leader- Mahoney, King, JAC, possibly Burton can all chime in within the leadership group.