News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted by weidler who u normally don't rate...interesting
Ahh, couldn't find the source to be honest, except for that article.

Be hard to imagine he's not being shopped around though.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mitchell Moses surely will go to the Tigers if he has been offeres 1.4m....even if the dogs offered Moses 1.2m thats a difference of 800k over 4 years...the question is does Moses want to win a premiership or does he want a huge pay day considering this might be his last contract? i think he will go after the money

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
mitchell Moses surely will go to the Tigers if he has been offeres 1.4m....even if the dogs offered Moses 1.2m thats a difference of 800k over 4 years...the question is does Moses want to win a premiership or does he want a huge pay day considering this might be his last contract? i think he will go after the money
After tax it’s 100k extra per year l

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most interesting thing about that list imo is that 3 out of the top 4 didn't play finals footy last season. Having a high paid #7 is not the be all and end all.
That’s because the majority of them aren’t million dollar players.

There is Cleary a gap to DCE & Hughes.

Then a huge gap to the next line of 7’s

There are so few elite level halves atm that players who are average first graders are being over inflated in value simply because they are the next best.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s because the majority of them aren’t million dollar players.

There is Cleary a gap to DCE & Hughes.

Then a huge gap to the next line of 7’s

There are so few elite level halves atm that players who are average first graders are being over inflated in value simply because they are the next best.
It also means that Shark, Chook, Rabbit, and Raider made it to the finals last season with halfbacks that are less recognised. It can be done. In terms of who the elite #7s are, well it was Cleary, DCE, and Hunt that travelled with Aus, Hughes with NZ, so at least some of those names on the money list are also the best picks so far as national selection is concerned. Two of those four didn't play finals.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also means that Shark, Chook, Rabbit, and Raider made it to the finals last season with halfbacks that are less recognised. It can be done. In terms of who the elite #7s are, well it was Cleary, DCE, and Hunt that travelled with Aus, Hughes with NZ, so at least some of those names on the money list are also the best picks so far as national selection is concerned. Two of those four didn't play finals.
True, the problem is we don’t have that halfback that is less recognised and good enough for the NRL.

We should be doing whatever is required to get Williams. As I have said previously. His first year might cost the club the same amount as Moses. But on the cap nowhere near Moses’s money moving forward. Plus IMO Williams is actually the more complete 7.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet he stays at Parra and all this media rubbish about interest from Dogs and Tigers is his manager only trying to push his price up!
Yep I think he will stay at Parra as well. But B-Town assures everyone he will be a bulldog in 2024....we will find out very soon!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True, the problem is we don’t have that halfback that is less recognised and good enough for the NRL.

We should be doing whatever is required to get Williams. As I have said previously. His first year might cost the club the same amount as Moses. But on the cap nowhere near Moses’s money moving forward. Plus IMO Williams is actually the more complete 7.
I like what I have seen of Williams. With the increasing strike power that we now have in the squad, he could be enough to get us into the top 8 and maybe more. My main concern with him is will he settle well. This isn't a given, Thommo is a better player than we have seen, I'm certain, but for various reasons hasn't been able to produce other than on occasion (hoping 2023 is a different story).

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean that’s just not true. They made the grand final and beat some very good teams to do so. He had a huge hand to do with their season. The eels fans are shitting themselves at losing moses and happy to let brown go to keep him…
As expected Moses went AWOL in the GF and the eels fans are not the epitome of high IQ.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
George Williams +Nanai (right edge) + Will Kennedy are > than Moses + Crichton