Covid-19 related debates (argue in this thread only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I watched it last night. I feel I made the right decision being unvaxxed. What are your thoughts on it?
I think there is a lot of truth in it.

But like I said when this bullshit first started, my professors unofficially told me not to touch them but "couldn't" give me an exemption. Make of that what you will.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of truth in it.

But like I said when this bullshit first started, my professors unofficially told me not to touch them but "couldn't" give me an exemption. Make of that what you will.
I think this documentary is a must see for everyone. Not trying to alarm everyone, but the other side of the story must be told.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forbes points out many of the issues in the film including the fact that they just straight up lie about many things. It's just your average anti-vaxxer propaganda

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing about documentaries is that they are pure propaganda. And I don't just mean anti-vaxxer docos, I mean all documentaries. Docos are made because a person or persons wanted to push their beliefs. Truth has no part in it.

The irony is that the one's who make these documentaries will say, "the media lies to you, trust us instead". But the media has rules. While they will stretch the truth, omit details, and sell a story from only one side, they can't lie or they are liable to be sued. Docos don't have the same restrictions. Just look at the History channel and you see a long running documentary series about extra terrestrials living among us.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Just the usual conspiracy rubbish. The film has already been heavily picked apart and shown to basically push unconfirmed conspiracy rubbish.
so why does bill gates want to decrease the worlds population?

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just the usual conspiracy rubbish. The film has already been heavily picked apart and shown to basically push unconfirmed conspiracy rubbish.
I wonder why Centrelink have a funeral payment specific to deaths from the Covid vaccine? Maybe not as safe as they made it out to be? Check their website.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Truth has no part in it.
Really depends on what you are watching, a doco about WW2 is generally based on fact.

While a doco on big foot has opinions on both sides of the fence, its no different to people thoughts on Covid, its origins and so on.

The thing is that you can't aways believe what you read/hear/see anywhere and especially in the media, they spin so much one sided crap too.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The thing about documentaries is that they are pure propaganda.
Agree. Nothing more than confirmation bias.
We’ve seen it so many times - JFK, The Moon Landing, 9/11 and now Covid. It never changes, it’s just a way of getting like minded people sprouting a point of view.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder why Centrelink have a funeral payment specific to deaths from the Covid vaccine? Maybe not as safe as they made it out to be? Check their website.

Because adverse reactions do happen. There have been at least 13 deaths linked to Covid-19 vaccination in Australia. No one is denying that people don't die from vaccination. Just that the claims the film makers are making is ridiculous. They are claiming that over 1 million in the US have "died suddenly following vaccination" which has long been debunked.

While there have been some deaths related to a rare clotting issue, they are very low numbers and its not sudden. It takes a while to take effect.

And that's why compensation should be provided, and it is. And that's also why vaccination should be a choice. But the chances of dying from Covid are much, much, much, much, much greater than the chances of dying from a vaccination.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really depends on what you are watching, a doco about WW2 is generally based on fact.

While a doco on big foot has opinions on both sides of the fence, its no different to people thoughts on Covid, its origins and so on.

The thing is that you can't aways believe what you read/hear/see anywhere and especially in the media, they spin so much one sided crap too.
Yep, and it's usually done with good sources and made by people who care about historical accuracy. But there have been a fair few WWII docos that basically lie.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Because adverse reactions do happen. There have been at least 13 deaths linked to Covid-19 vaccination in Australia. No one is denying that people don't die from vaccination. Just that the claims the film makers are making is ridiculous. They are claiming that over 1 million in the US have "died suddenly following vaccination" which has long been debunked.

While there have been some deaths related to a rare clotting issue, they are very low numbers and its not sudden. It takes a while to take effect.

And that's why compensation should be provided, and it is. And that's also why vaccination should be a choice. But the chances of dying from Covid are much, much, much, much, much greater than the chances of dying from a vaccination.
Who said there were 1 million deaths BTW? For there to be a payment scheme in place, I would think there would be more than 13 deaths. This has not been reported. There would be a lot more adverse events than expected, 1 million deaths and de population I highly doubt it.

My point is the Covid vaccines were not safe and effect like they said at the start and should never have been mandated.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing about documentaries is that they are pure propaganda. And I don't just mean anti-vaxxer docos, I mean all documentaries. Docos are made because a person or persons wanted to push their beliefs. Truth has no part in it.

The irony is that the one's who make these documentaries will say, "the media lies to you, trust us instead". But the media has rules. While they will stretch the truth, omit details, and sell a story from only one side, they can't lie or they are liable to be sued. Docos don't have the same restrictions. Just look at the History channel and you see a long running documentary series about extra terrestrials living among us.
What did you think about the social dilemma?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1) he doesnt

And also

2) he does not
he said that if he does a really good job on vaccinations and health care that he could lower the world population by 10-15%

so why does he want to lower the population by 10-15%

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hacky mcaxe is part of that community who thinks the world is overpopulated and we are heading for disaster, he is not one to comment on if a group of people are conspiring to bring down the population

this is like having ronald mcdonald comment on if mcdonalds is bad for you and causes heart failure

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
hacky mcaxe is part of that community who thinks the world is overpopulated and we are heading for disaster, he is not one to comment on if a group of people are conspiring to bring down the population

this is like having ronald mcdonald comment on if mcdonalds is bad for you and causes heart failure
Or like a conspiracy theorists saying people actually walked on the moon I agree it’s outrageous.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who said there were 1 million deaths BTW? For there to be a payment scheme in place, I would think there would be more than 13 deaths. This has not been reported. There would be a lot more adverse events than expected, 1 million deaths and de population I highly doubt it.

My point is the Covid vaccines were not safe and effect like they said at the start and should never have been mandated.
Sorry, the 1 million was something else. I'm getting my anti-vaxxer docos mixed up. This is the one where they show people falling over and claim these people died after taking a vaccine. Ignoring that the people they are showing didn't actually die, and often the falling over was caused by them catching Covid or completely unrelated. They also suggest that any death after vaccination was caused by the vaccine.

I often see the claim of, "there are more deaths but they weren't reported". It's possible, but it's like saying that aliens abducted people but it was never reported. All we can go on is what is reported and what is confirmed. Cases related to vaccine death and/or injury are reported and investigated, and as of the most recent report, the total number of confirmed deaths is 14 from approximately 64 million doses.

I definitely agree that it shouldn't be mandated in any way. But sources of information also need to be accurate, and this documentary is far from accurate and doesn't care about the truth.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What did you think about the social dilemma?
Loved it. There was definitely a lot of exaggeration and a fair bit of propaganda and fear mongering, but I mainly loved it because it raised awareness to many issues with social media that many don't realise exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.