News Brisbane Broncos England International Herbie Farnsworth On Bulldogs Radar

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
I've always rated Herbie, I think he's a star in the making. I put his name out there on my signing wish list & on this forum over a year ago.

IF WE SIGN HERBIE - I'LL GO BANANAS
If there was anything in this rumour then Gus would never talk about it to the public or the media.

It even says he's never spoken to him and hears that his future is sorted elsewhere. Farnworth has said before that he really wants to stay in Brisbane and now he has more choice of clubs there.

Don't get your hopes up about this one.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there was anything in this rumour then Gus would never talk about it to the public or the media.

It even says he's never spoken to him and hears that his future is sorted elsewhere. Farnworth has said before that he really wants to stay in Brisbane and now he has more choice of clubs there.

Don't get your hopes up about this one.
you actually believe that Gould has not spoken to him?

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of Thompson and you have money for a quality prop....halfback...well true we would need 1m at least to sign Mitchell Moses whereas they roosters have a quality young halfback who is being paid about 500k....that’s our problem....it’s hard to find a quality halfback for less than a mill unless u go for a rookie
And look how that’s worked out for us piggy. How many rookies have we tried.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL Career: 53 games, 19 tries
2022: 12 games, 10 tries

Was there a reason he only played 12 games this season?

Jason Saab
NRL Career: 50 games, 37 tries.
2022: 16 games, 7 tries.

Brent Naden
NRL Career: 55 games, 30 tries.
2022: 18 games, 6 tries

Dominic Young
NRL Career: 26 games, 18 tries.
2022: 20 games, 14 tries

Heck even Jayden Okunbor with 26 games and 13 tries (career) is up there.

Jake Averillo is close to Herbie with 54 games and 19 tries.

Point is, I don't get all the fuss about Herbie at all. To me he's very "Brenko Lee" like. At 53 games into his career he should have way more tries to his name for an outside back.
Broncos have been pretty poor during his time there. Surely you can see this had something to do with it?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
"After Farnworth’s brilliant World Cup, Bulldogs enforcer and English teammate Luke Thompson spoke to Gould about pursuing the Broncos centre, who, like almost 200 other players, comes off contract after next season."

I guess we can look forward to seeing an article about each one of the 200 off contract players being linked to the Bulldogs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"After Farnworth’s brilliant World Cup, Bulldogs enforcer and English teammate Luke Thompson spoke to Gould about pursuing the Broncos centre, who, like almost 200 other players, comes off contract after next season."

I guess we can look forward to seeing an article about each one of the 200 off contract players being linked to the Bulldogs.
Sad thing is that the links aren't generally even for next season, they're for 24 unless clubs release quality players. It's probably the thing that annoys me most about reading this forum in the off season.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And look how that’s worked out for us piggy. How many rookies have we tried.
so then we need to make a play for Mitchell Noses or George Williams...we simply need a proven half back...lets not underestimate the pressure someone like Moses will take off Burton

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt Farnsworth will cut it as a fullback. We dont have a genuine fullback ATM.
If this doesn't eventuate, Kiraz just might end up there.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt Farnsworth will cut it as a fullback. We dont have a genuine fullback ATM.
If this doesn't eventuate, Kiraz just might end up there.
Sorry but how can you say that ?

Has he ever played there before ?

He is a good centre but I’ve never seen him under the high ball. I don’t remember him having much of a passing game. Would he be able to organise a defensive line ? Is he a good support player ?

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We also need a halfback and prop.
I don't think we need a prop (unless it's a like for like swap with someone already on the books).
TPJ, Max King, Luke Thompson, Ryan Sutton as the top line, then Pele, Sam Hughes, Patolo as 2nd stringers, plus Billy Tsikrikas & Jayden Tanner from outside top 30 for depth, and then IMB & Zac Montgomery under development.

If we get unlucky with injuries, then some of the larger 2nd rowers can probably accommodate: Davey, RFM from the top line, Waddell (maybe) as a 2nd stringer, Harrison Edwards from outside the top 30.

Halfback is more critical. All comes down to Flanagun's money/performance. If we cannot offload him for a George Williams, then it is going to be all on the speed of development of juniors - Perham possibly, but more likely Rajab, Hayward from the fringe. Glover from development as a long shot.