Russia vs Ukraine

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How are the Russian Military supposed to fight like madmen and go to sleep full of pride.
Ukraine has the best technology and its frustrating Russia, if Belarus enters the war then another country should help Ukraine, end the lunacy.
Not sure Belarus will enter the war other than supply weapons, but let's see? Think their own people will rise up against the government if they do so

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are the Russian Military supposed to fight like madmen and go to sleep full of pride.
Ukraine has the best technology and its frustrating Russia, if Belarus enters the war then another country should help Ukraine, end the lunacy.
Another country help Ukraine? How many countries do they need?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a little while now, the Russian soldiers stopped being there to win any land war. They can't. They are there to keep defence forces busy while they force a surrender by terrorising civilians. Which will be easier as it gets colder over there shortly, without power. Putin is simply a terrorist. ISIS also were never winning any land wars but sought to gain their objectives by fear. Russia is just ISIS with more resources.
Kind of what america did with big bombs on Japan back in the day?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They need more mercenaries or infantry, they would be exhausted by now.
Chechens have said they won't send anymore soldiers. Belarus would be mad to send them. Russia has completely screwed their mobilisation as more left the country than got signed up, and now the general public is against it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kind of what america did with big bombs on Japan back in the day?
And on Vietnam. Afganistan. Iraq.

The way I look at it is this. We can always go back in history and point out all of the hypocrisies.

Doesn't make it ok not to so something now tho. And they've gotta so something now

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been an interesting week as I was hoping to see mass advances by Ukraine, but obviously naive of me to expect this.

Russia has been better at consolidating some of their defences, and creating more defence lines. Mobilisation has helped to the point that there's more for the Ukraines to kill so their time is taken up by that. Doesn't seem to have helped in regard to them winning battles at all?

The mobilisation has been a complete failure otherwise as so many new recruits are dying and dying quickly. Public outcry is rising because of the absolutely shocking conditions places on the newly mobilised with many claiming and proving that they're not getting fed, no water, no equipment, no shelter and no weapons.

What does this all mean? Nothing really, as they were always cannon fodder and just sent to die. Putin will continue on with his empty threats in the hope the West backs down.

The war was lost before it even started. Just wish it'd end sooner so there'd be fewer deaths ...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's just seems that Russia can't fight "softly softly", I think they only know shock and awe.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's just seems that Russia can't fight "softly softly", I think they only know shock and awe.
Seem that way. Another ex general has been found dead apparently...

Rotten to the core that army and dare I say culture

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is this even in news in Australia anymore?

The recent 'Grain Standoff' demonstrates the best way to deal with Russia.

They puffed out the chest. Said they were backing out of the deal with Ukraine, Turkey etc. to allow shipments of grain to leave Ukraine for African nations.

They states they'd fire on any ships taking grain from Ukraine.

Ukraine, turkey etc went "Fuck you, we're going to do it anyway" and did it anyway.

Russia backed down and said they'd stick to previous agreement.

Fucking pussies the lot of them. Sooner they're destroyed in war the better for all of us

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For those interested, I'll post a recent interview with one of the mobilised in Ukraine:

"I was given [a military occupational specialty] of 'medical instructor' in a reconnaissance company, but in fact there were no teams."

"They just sent us out as cannon fodder. They put us in positions, we had the Khokhols, the Ukrops, sitting 700 meters away, firing mortars at us."

According to him (the mobilised soldier being interviewed), when he approached his battalion commander to send him to scout or equip him to destroy the enemy's mortar battery, he received the reply, "There is no such order, guys, sit tight, you just stay in the forest."

"We just sat there like assholes and survived on our own. We had no water - we just scooped from puddles and drank. We personally gave ourselves orders to go on reconnaissance, to watch [the Ukrainians], but we didn't have the weapons to liquidate them".

The mobiks had dry rations and a bottle of water to last only two or three days, they had no cigarettes and they had to find their own ammunition.

"The equipment was all broken, there was nothing to bring clothes with. I will say this - with such an attitude I don't want to sit there under artillery fire and just pray to God that I stay alive. I have a 19-year-old wife and a four-month-old baby," Ivan says.

Ivan (the mobilised solider being interviewed) was not sent to the front to serve in a role matching his military speciality. "You know what our commander, our commander-in-charge, told us? He said: 'Guys, the main thing is to hold on, dig deep,'" Ivan adds.

According to him, there were some who refused to fight in such conditions. They were visited, Ivan says, by "some colonel of a tank division" [most likely the 4th Guards Tank Division, which is reportedly in the area].

"He came there and just – pardon the expression, just bluntly said: 'What are you there, pussies? I'm going to send you to the 27th brigade [probably the 27th Separate Guards Motor Rifle Brigade], they will kill you there at once".

According to the journalist who conducted this interview: "the mobilised Russian soldiers sent to Svatove in eastern Ukraine are in a "critical situation," "without training, without ammunition and often without commanders who abandon them in the very first hours of the attacks".

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's obvious no land army of Russia's is going to take over any countries by force.

All they have is airborne. Missiles, nukes, drones, planes. If you nullify that Russia is toothless. So the world, in particular Europe, should invest heavily in setting up a line of impenetrable air defence across Ukraine. It would protect most of Europe from Russia. And of course that includes NATO countries which brings other countries into needing to invest in it.

Last edited: