Opinion Hastings might be available for 23?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends how the club sees next season. If it’s a development year then Hastings has some experience and leadership qualities that could assist the younger players coming through. Anyone but the gun. Hastings would take pressure off Burton and free him up to play a running game.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol no. Just no. Hes borderline super league quality at best.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What level does that make our current options?
About the same. Which is laughable as to why we would then get someone thats the same or worse

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About the same. Which is laughable as to why we would then get someone thats the same or worse
Lol he is miles ahead of what we currently have! I agree he isn’t the marquee half everyone would like. But he is way better that our current options.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Patience. Home grown is always the best.
There are a number of possibilities in the junior ranks only a couple of years away.
They won't be overpriced and won't rock the boat.
He is a genuine stop gap until those juniors come good...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’ve literally been waiting for a class 7 and now that one’s available everyone’s having a fit and instead want a reject from the Tigers who won’t be available for half a season anyway and then there’s also the fact that he moves as fast as Gus running down the sideline.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a no brainer. He's one of the best organising halves around. Sure he's not quick, but he reads the game very well, he organises the players and lines up the runners. He simply HAS A VOICE....while Burton and Flano don't. Due to his lack of speed he can't command top halves money, but he's better than anything else out there for 23. He'd also be a great mentor to our emerging halves.
He'd have less problems than we copped with Foz.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We’ve literally been waiting for a class 7 and now that one’s available everyone’s having a fit and instead want a reject from the Tigers who won’t be available for half a season anyway and then there’s also the fact that he moves as fast as Gus running down the sideline.
Better than Moses btw.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Shopping around the Tigers for rejects is going to take us to the top! oh wait a minute how did that work out last time with duds like Sharon Woods??

Can we stay the fuck away from signing Tiger rejects.
I mean I’d of been happy with teddy and Moses.

Addo carr is from there originally.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Niyet. He's always injured and is too inconsistent when he plays. I'd much prefer George Williams if he's available.
I’d prefer George Williams to. Though if he isn’t interested in aus and Moses turns us down I’d be happy with Hastings for a year or 2.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Hastings a 1/2 or a 5/8? I dont think he is a half. With Burton demanding to play 5/8, is he a good combo with Hastings?
I know Flanagan is not the answer, but I worry about what will develop with Hastings at 1/2.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is Hastings a 1/2 or a 5/8? I dont think he is a half. With Burton demanding to play 5/8, is he a good combo with Hastings?
I know Flanagan is not the answer, but I worry about what will develop with Hastings at 1/2.
I want the dope you smoke regularly.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess i am also fighting you now, get it the ring bitch!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings is an organising half. Burton is a running half. Hastings is a talker. Burton says very little. Hastings is a right side player. Burton is a left side player. Hastings will take pressure off Burton and give him some freedom to excel. Flanagan doesn’t create any foil for Burton.

People are critical of the potential signing of Hastings. It’s not just about what he brings with his own game. It’s his organisation and influence on the field. We have been a ship without a rudder for a long time. He is the exact style of player we have been missing.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hastings is an organising half. Burton is a running half. Hastings is a talker. Burton says very little. Hastings is a right side player. Burton is a left side player. Hastings will take pressure off Burton and give him some freedom to excel. Flanagan doesn’t create any foil for Burton.

People are critical of the potential signing of Hastings. It’s not just about what he brings with his own game. It’s his organisation and influence on the field. We have been a ship without a rudder for a long time. He is the exact style of player we have been missing.
Yeah, I thought Hastings was like 32 but he’s 26. I more against Moses than Hastings. I honestly see it happening.