Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing but respect for the blood sweat and tears he's put into the jersey over a wonderful career for his club, state and country.
I feel at this point in time its the right decision for for both parties to move in different directions and I hope Josh is back with the club in a coaching or ambassador role one day in the not too distant future.
Thank you for your service Jacko.
Really hope he is kept around the squad, because from everything I've heard he is a model professional and is really good with any incomings. You dont get many one club players these days, especially ones with over 11 seasons in the NRL, nothing but respect to him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love Jacko
Through all the shit over the past decade he was the player who always left his all out there. He truly was the heart and soul of this club, especially since Graham left. All his peers respect the hell out of him and thats the greatest compliment.

Hopefully the club looks after him in retirement.
well said at least he left on his terms, injuries got the better of him.
he is a very smart man, a few uni degrees and he will get employment within the club

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you

Big respect for calling it even though he had another year on his contract

New era hopefully for the club - shame he had to captain our septic tank years

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is very sad, Jackson loved the dogs and we loved him for a whole greater part of his career. This is a massive hole the club will have to fill, will take years to find a kind of person like Jackson around the club and playing group.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Wow, massive news!

For me he will and can take a place of pride within the history of Doggies Captains and can hold his head up high. Even in making this decision.
He is leaving when the guard is changing and on the up, he's duty is done. The fella took punishment for years propping up a seriously pathetic team and club. I honestly believe it shortened his career and affected his Rep honours. He truly performed a Captains knock!

Thanks for your Career Jacko and all the best to you and yours in the future.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing but love for what he's done for the club and am happy seeing a majority of supporters giving him the credit he deserves.

That being said, it was the right call for him and the club. To me this is the sign the club is going in the right direction.

No sentiments. Club cones first. Onwards we go

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I knew this was coming in the near future, I am quite fucking sad about this - I suspect that JJ got tapped on the shoulder.

What a warrior & what a clubman - he really did bleed blue & white.

Thanks for your contribution to this great club, Josh - hopefully you can stay around in some capacity.

Sorry that we couldn't deliver you a premiership.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson out, Taupau in.
Seriously that would be very underwhelming. More money in the kitty to target a better edge or middle forward depending what the overall strategy is for 2023/2024.

Congrats on a great career Jacko and hopefully the club finds a role for you somewhere now you are retired.

Last edited: