Averillo to test open market before extending.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate but he’s no Ben Barba. Barba was a gun, pure and simple. It’s a shame he couldn’t keep his shit together off the field.
Was watching a highlights package of his great season with us just the other day.

I had forgotten just how SENSATIONAL he was .... have to be close to the best season i have ever seen from an individual player.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Too premature for him to be realising any true value. He needs to be consistent at another level where he defends and attacks with intensity for 80 mins, and doesn't go missing for half a game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes not really proven in any position yet so interesting to see who will gamble on his potential, which he has, but potential in what position?
He was progressing at centre and can play wing, he's a great adaptable back

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this doesn’t mean we are chucking S Crighton a fuck load of money

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few facts:
Averillo has played 10 games at fullback.
We won 4 of those games.
He scored in 5 of those games (including 2 doubles) totalling 7 tries from 10 games at fullback.

Sure there is a lot of room for improvement, but the bloke needs more time with a quality spine, and I reckon with a solid preseason we will start to see what he's truly capable of at the back.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just a few facts:
Averillo has played 10 games at fullback.
We won 4 of those games.
He scored in 5 of those games (including 2 doubles) totalling 7 tries from 10 games at fullback.

Sure there is a lot of room for improvement, but the bloke needs more time with a quality spine, and I reckon with a solid preseason we will start to see what he's truly capable of at the back.
Yeah, he probably deserves to start the season there but if he has a couple of shockers or if opposition expose his weaknesses, he may be done cause he aint going to get another crack in the halves or centres

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think there will be a bit of pressure on him next year to retain the fullback job. With a new coach who has said its a clean slate when he arrives ,Jake is not guaranteed the job either.
I doubt we will keep him.He will go well in the super league and probably come back a better player.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Averillo has ability to be a good first grade player and can take advantage of space but until he demonstrates a commitment to get heavily involved in a game and not shy away from the heavy physicality of the game his value to a club will be limited.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move the world's best winger to fullback. No way!
Burton and Kikau will give the Foxx even more space out wide for a 20+ try season next year.
Let's Trot!
Hes more than a great winger he has vision and speed and ball playing ability on top of that he can put in good kicks as well, just a natural with the ball, we know as he already stated he wants to go to the back, im sure he has more of an idea than any of us.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see what a new coach can do with Avo, but for me he lacks belief in himself and doesn't read the play very well. Fixing one problem could fix the other, but drop him real quick if there's no obvious improvement IMO.