Turbo Time

Bulldogdoove

Waterboy
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No thanks.

He's a great player, I won't deny it, but we do not have enough salary cap space for him unless we release 3 or so players, and in addition, he's been injury prone the last few years.

Didn't we already experience what it's like to sign an injury-prone Manly player who stuffed up our recruitment and retention?

1665526389154.png

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not because of his injuries that I wouldn’t sign him. Look at Tedesco for example. Couldn’t get on the field for 3 years at Tigers then the minute he changes clubs his luck begins. You get a Turbo who is past his injuries and he is unstoppable.

My concern is what dent he would put in our cap. Could we afford him? I’m thinking more likely no. If we lost Allan, Thompson and Flanagan we could definitely, but we would would then need at “least” a new gun prop.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Throw everything at Tommy Turbo. Article saying he is losing patience with Manly - pipe dream but sign him (and Jake and Ben and his Mum n Dad if you have to- just get it done)

Would turn the Dogs into a genuine premiership chance next year - even with Flanno at half!

View attachment 60037

Here is why I wouldn't sign him...
Too injury prone for fullback.
Too expensive for a centre.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would be great to have a the club, but I fear it would end up like the Foran debacle

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His hammys are made of straw. He's a great player but he can't stay healthy. Let someone else pay him crazy money for 8 games a season.
If those 8 games were on the road to finals
Wow
What a run that would be

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jake seems cooked. Tom is a Freak of a player. But with his size strength and speed you have to wonder when his body will start to fail him, what he will become as a player.

Jakes drop off was rapid. Even though very different players you’d be wary signing Tom up for 5 years and dealing with him in his 30s.

End of the day when on the field he is probably the best fullback in the comp. But attaching a million + dollar price tag is risky if he is playing under 20 games a year.