Brandon Wakeham - Any good?

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
There are strong rumours that we (Warrington) have signed Brandon to play for us in Super League next year.

Any player's agent can put a decent highlights reel together for You Tube, but is he actually any good? We are crying out for an organising scrum half - is he the answer?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are strong rumours that we (Warrington) have signed Brandon to play for us in Super League next year.

Any player's agent can put a decent highlights reel together for You Tube, but is he actually any good? We are crying out for an organising scrum half - is he the answer?
He may go okay over there bro but he was a fair way off the pace in the NRL. No running game, poor kicking game, okay passing game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Never knuckled down sufficiently for NRL and had a poor attitude "apparently", although had the talent to succeed.

Is a busy player and should go really well over there if he is given the full reins as 7, calling the shots and it makes him fully concentrate on what he should be doing for the team.

Went well for Fiji and that was his highlight that he never emulated.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes as Nate said..he is OK...ish but certainly not a good halfback otherwise he would get another gig here.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never knuckled down sufficiently for NRL and had a poor attitude "apparently", although had the talent to succeed.

Is a busy player and should go really well over there if he is given the full reins as 7, calling the shots and it makes him fully concentrate on what he can do for the team.

Went well for Fiji and that was his highlight that he never emulated.
Remind me never to ask you for a referee check Wendog33 LOL

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No, sorry..

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot better than he will get credit for on here, however not strong enough to stand out in a poorly performing NRL team.

One thing I'm pretty sure about, however, is that in the matches where we have been competitive he would have added more to our team than Flanagan did - In defence Flanagan has stood up so he probably shades Wakeham in that department, however, Brandon is a better runner of the ball, a better organiser and has a better kicking game imo.

No disrespect, I believe he will do quite well in the Super League as long as your forwards hold their own.

Last edited:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot better than he will get credit for on here, however not strong enough to stand out in a poorly performing NRL team.

One thing I'm pretty sure about, however, is that in the matches where we have been competitive he would have added more to our team than Flanagan did - In defence Flanagan has stood up so he probably shades Wakeham in that department, however Brandon is he is a better runner of the ball, a better organiser and has a better licking game imo.

No disrespect, I believe he will do quite well in the Super League as long as your forward hold their own.
:grimacing: If his swallowing is as good as his licking game he may yet prove popular in the UK..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

One thing I'm pretty sure about, however, is that in the matches where we have been competitive he would have added more to our team than Flanagan did - In defence Flanagan has stood up so he probably shades Wakeham in that department, however, Brandon is a better runner of the ball, a better organiser and has a better licking game imo.

No disrespect, I believe he will do quite well in the Super League as long as your forward hold their own.
Agree really.

He should go well over there.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His not NRL standard should go alright over there nothing special

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score

One thing I'm pretty sure about, however, is that in the matches where we have been competitive he would have added more to our team than Flanagan did - In defence Flanagan has stood up so he probably shades Wakeham in that department, however, Brandon is a better runner of the ball, a better organiser and has a better licking game imo.

No disrespect, I believe he will do quite well in the Super League as long as your forwards hold their own.
Well we've signed Vaughan & McGuire for next year, with a couple of others, so forward pack should be good.

As for the 'no disrespect' comment, I am under no illusions that the ESL is not even close to the NRL in terms of quality - not sure if a single ESL club would make a decent showing in the NRL. And as for the World Cup, we'll get battered!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

He will carve up in the superlegue

Not NRL standard unfortunately but I think the more open style of play in the UK league would give him bit more space to show his sills.

Be great for him I think