Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we do sign Crichton, aren't clubs allowed to approach him Novemver 2022 to sign for 2024?

So basically what I'm saying, if we do go for him it has to be decided this year (because other clubs will also be in for him in November)
In a perfect world, both get a full preseason at FB next year and we buy the better FB in 2024.

But what it comes down to, we shouldn't care who it is as long as they do their job well.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is untested yes and their is a chance of failure as with every coach. But all the great coaches started as assistant coaches. He was chased by every club who is in the market now or in the next 2 years, that says something. Gus knows what a good coach is as he punted Tbaz.
As for Chrighton, he is a future star, dont worry about him, he will be rockstar fullback. I know for a fact last contract negotiations, the roosters offered him more than us but he chose to play with his mates. The roosters dont usually get it wrong on many occasions
So the mail is strong he will be coming to the dogs? Surely this is not confirmed as no deal can be made until November

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The bottom line is we need a full pre-season to fix the issues. The only way we know if things are fixed is if we start the season well. No more of the bullshit going 1 from 5, 1 from 7 etc.

We need to keep touch with the top 4 from the very start, if we slide after that fair enough, we don't give ourselves a chance by starting every season so poorly for the last 5 + years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How is CC a bigger risk than Potter?

Let's call it as it is, all potter has done is told them to play eyes up footy.

No set plays/structured attack
No defence
Can't select players and bench
Can't use the bench
Can't wake them up from 2nd half comas

Plus Potter is like Baz, both failures at previous clubs.
He’s given us exactly what we needed …. Our players were confused and overburdened by Barrett’s convoluted game plan and he unlocked the key to getting the best out of them. You don’t see such a drastic change to a team’s point scoring if a coach doesn’t know what he’s doing. You think the team is coaching itself? Please, bro.

And Potter last coached first grade close to a decade ago. He also took over the tigers at a time they were in decline and dealing with key personnel changes. You don’t think a) he’s learned a bit in the ensuing period and b) he’d be on a better wicket here?

Ciraldo is a completely unknown entity…. And if he’s wanting to bring an overrated and overpaid centre here to play fullback, that’s more than enough to make me nervous as hell, tbh. Especially when we are so light up front.

I hope I’m wrong, but this signing gives me bad vibes, dude. And 5 years is too long. If it doesn’t go well and we have to sack another coach before his tone is up, it will not reflect well on the club.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much anyone will do.

The decline in Averillo is really disappointing. He was rubbish in the halves and centres and then I thought he may have found his position at fullback. He played a couple of fabulous games and the tries were flowing.

However, now the opposition has figured out his failings under the high ball and positional issues. His confidence looks shot.

I hope he will improve but I'm not so sure,
He needs time to develop as a fullback...Barrett fuked his development by stuffing him around in the halves

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think Potter has told the duds some home truths. We threw the Bazball structures, robotic stuff out the window. Freed up the players to the point where they are enjoying playing the game again and confidence is back in their ability.

We are enjoyable to watch and competitive, he picks and sticks with players building combinations.

We had Ferris Wheel so it will take a full pre-season to iron out those fitness issues. The structures also need to be done in the pre-season.

The top teams do not have slow starts because the work they've done in the pre-season is rock solid.

The 2nd half fading is what the Raiders have been doing for years under Ricky. It's a fitness & mentality issue.T
Don't get me wrong, I like Potter for fucking off the Baz disease, but we need someone who can fix our obvious problems.

Not worried about CC ATM, he is well liked and respected and with Gus, he can attract and sign top shelf assistants. Baz and Potter can't, even with Gus' help.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has there ever been a successful “young” coach ? How does it work, develop him into a mature successful coach ?
Why is everyone frothing over the term young coach ?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s given us exactly what we needed …. Our players were confused and overburdened by Barrett’s convoluted game plan and he unlocked the key to getting the best out of them. You don’t see such a drastic change to a team’s point scoring if a coach doesn’t know what he’s doing. You think the team is coaching itself? Please, bro.

And Potter last coached first grade close to a decade ago. He also took over the tigers at a time they were in decline and dealing with key personnel changes. You don’t think a) he’s learned a bit in the ensuing period and b) he’d be on a better wicket here?

Ciraldo is a completely unknown entity…. And if he’s wanting to bring an overrated and overpaid centre here to play fullback, that’s more than enough to make me nervous as hell, tbh. Especially when we are so light up front.

I hope I’m wrong, but this signing gives me bad vibes, dude. And 5 years is too long. If it doesn’t go well and we have to sack another coach before his tone is up, it will not reflect well on the club.
Do you honestly think we would sigh Crighton if it compromises our ability to lock up Burton sign a half and sign some quality props?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The forward pack is still washed so we need huge improvements there. He has his work cut out for him to get consistency out of TPJ.

Losing Vaughan means we need quality replacements. We already needed more even if Vaughan stayed on.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo hasn’t exactly been handed a rolls royce roster. How many players would be a walk up start at a top 8 team - ado carr and burton and the likes of tpj, king and thommo might make it into the 17.

If we can’t secure a top class half looking 2-3 years to get rid of the deadwood, put his own squad together and kick some serious arse. Anything short of that he is a miracle worker.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
he told the penrith players this morning after training, so CC made it public. Ive know for weeks he was signed, told a few on here in private chats.
I'm not questioning that. But did Ciraldo actually go public, or just tell the players out of courtesy? All I'm saying is I don't think the club intended to announce it at this point in time. And certainly not spontaneously on a Sunday afternoon. The closing of the statement says it all really.

Either way, Brandy is a fukkwit!

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Has there ever been a successful “young” coach ? How does it work, develop him into a mature successful coach ?
Why is everyone frothing over the term young coach ?
Gus himself would have to of been considered as a successful young coach back in his days when he got his start at our club.

They all need a start at some point.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo hasn’t exactly been handed a rolls royce roster. How many players would be a walk up start at a top 8 team - ado carr and burton and the likes of tpj, king and thommo might make it into the 17.

If we can’t secure a top class half looking 2-3 years to get rid of the deadwood, put his own squad together and kick some serious arse. Anything short of that he is a miracle worker.
Plus Mahoney and Kikau. There's a lot to work with compared to other rosters. Top 8 should be the expectation next season. Brisbane, Nth Qld and Cronulla have proven this year that it's not an unrealistic expectation..