Paul Green passed away

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well, definitely not going to be our next coach. condolences to his family

NRL world in shock over tragic death of Paul Green at 49

The rugby league world is mourning the tragic death of former NRL player and coach Paul Green.

The 49-year-old died at his Brisbane home on Thursday morning.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Green had not complained about feeling ill before his tragic death.

Green played for Cronulla, North Queensland, Sydney Roosters, Parramatta and Brisbane in a 162-game career.

He then coached the Cowboys from 2014 to 2020, guiding them to the premiership in 2015.

He also coached the Maroons in State of Origin last year before he was replaced by Billy Slater.

Green is survived by wife Amanda and children Emerson and Jed.

More to come.
Very sad to hear the bad news
Condolences to the family and friends.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad news. Thoughts are for Greeny's family.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wow what a massive shock coming across this very sad news, just 49 years old wtf gone way too soon.

RIP.

The 2015 GF is one of my favourite non Dogs games ever.
yes what a game, i was sitting on the 20 metre line when they scored in the corner and almost directly behind JT and his kick, never forget it

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow.
Only 49 and given he was putting his hat in the ring for coaching roles in '23 and beyond suggests he was still capable of handling the stresses that come with footy.

Spoke really well in front of camera. I wouldn't have been against him coaching us.

Really sad for his family to be taken so young. My thoughts go out to them.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
WTF

So unexpected... actually F'd up.. rest in piece holy shit

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
OMG, that’s absolutely crazy!!! So sad.x and So young, my condolences to all his friends and family,

R.I.P !!

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember when Johny Lang brought Paul Green and about 2 other players down from Queensland to the sharkies..he was a decent half back for cronulla from what I can remember..49 is way too young to die..

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RIP Pual Green. What a shock... unbelievable at 49.
Deepest sympathies to his family

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@Ellie you ignorant ****, you wouldn’t say it to any of your family members on deathrow but since your cowardass is online and behind a wall of protection, you think you have the fucking right to shame his death to a heartbroken, mourning family who are suffering undeservingly, just so you can ur stubborn pointless views of the vaccine out. Unbelievable.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an idiotic comment. Luckily he died before the vax even came out? Wouldn't it be lucky if he was actually still alive or lived longer? Imagine being happy about a death because it suits your narrative.
I think your post is more idiotic than anyones. Blind Freddy could understand what old mate @dogwhisperer was getting at. I suppose we should all know what type of dribble we will read when we see that superwank avatar anyway.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think your post is more idiotic than anyones. Blind Freddy could understand what old mate @dogwhisperer was getting at. I suppose we should all know what type of dribble we will read when we see that superwank avatar anyway.
It was just a misunderstanding bro, let's leave it that and keep this important thread on topic.