Rumour Gus gets his man

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if we get Ciraldo and go back to boring structured footy again. The way we're playing at the moment is the most joy I've had watching our team since 2012 Barba on fire year
Totally agree first time in a long time i enjoy watching us play

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A lot of us called signing him when Gus said he told him to "stay at Panthers"

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a glass half full guy. I see Payten 2.0 or Fitzgibbon 2.0
Ciraldo is a defensive coach. Even if he fucks up our attack, if he turns us into a top 4 defensive side, we'll still be in the top 8. With Mahoney, Kikua and Burton in the side, I'm not too worried about our attack anymore

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo was Barrett’s assistant when they coached the Panthers under 20s back in the day. I reckon Ciraldo would have been calling Barrett a lot lately in making this decision to try and find out where it all went wrong for Barrett.
I’ll give him number 1

picking favourites

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green is a no for me he got no people skills and is shit with communication with players that's coming from 2 players I know well that played under him at cowboys and Roosters 20s
Rather him than Madge who has been abysmal, yeah he won a comp I recon my pet animal could have won a comp with that Souths side- had peak GI and Burgess among about 10 others. Wasn’t hard “hey boys there’s GI pass the ball to him”

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Madge meeting doesn't necessarily mean anything. Could just be Gus doing due diligence with applications.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The Madge meeting doesn't necessarily mean anything. Could just be Gus doing due diligence with applications.
Or throwing a hospital pass to the media and the meeting was unrelated to the Bulldogs coaching role…

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF they are getting an untested at NRL level coach, then I wonder if they'll have the support of previous NRL coaches as assistants?

Surely the club can't afford to fuck this one up and not have Ciraldo work out.

Maybe thats the idea they are thinking of?

Put two highly experienced ex head coaches alongside Ciraldo to ensure he succeeds.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good old saying, If it's not broken don't fix it! Pots has the boys responding and playing heads up footy, the D is something he's working on and seems to be calm and wise. Why bring in an unproven assistant coach while we just got rid of one, doesn't make sense at all. Give him at least one more year and see how he goes. One thing we can't ignore is that we had a team shot on confidence and it's super difficult to turn that mindset in such a short period of time

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently sandercock is a big part of our attack so youd think hed be staying on

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if we get Ciraldo and go back to boring structured footy again. The way we're playing at the moment is the most joy I've had watching our team since 2012 Barba on fire year
Yeah this is my fear too.

We can’t play like Penrith. Lately we have been playing our own style.
We need to find our identity.
That’s what Potter has allowed.
And a few positional change have helped. Eg Averillo to fb.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo given deadline

The Panthers don’t want speculation and uncertainty about Cameron Ciraldo’s future to spill into their preparations for the 2023 season, and have given him a November 1 deadline to commit to the club or confirm his departure.

Should Ciraldo decide to stick with Penrith as an assistant next year, he will see the 2023 season through – there won’t be any mid-season switches.

The Bulldogs remain supremely confident they’ve landed Ciraldo, but an individual with close knowledge of the situation told me this week that the deal was “far from done”.