Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There isn't that much hostility. Most of it is either media, or religious claiming that there's outright hostility. Read this thread. There's some that don't support them standing down, but no one is throwing outright hostility toward them. The main hostility I have seen is the occasional homophobic slur. But there hasn't been a huge amount of that either.

This just seems to be Christians saying, "we're being oppressed"
Yep.

I think there's been quite respectful discussion towards religious people.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets break

You cannot compare polytheism with Monotheism.
There are thousands and thousands of polytheistic religions.
The main 3 religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) are all Monotheistic.
They essentially believe that the universe was created by God, who also created life, is the source of all moral goodness etc etc.
The main differences is how God has revealed himself to mankind.

It is naive and a lack of understanding to compare polytheism with monotheism
Mate you say what you believe is the one true religion/God, polytheists say what they believe is the one true religion/gods

You both think each other's religion/God is imaginary

To claim that if someone believes your God to be imaginary is offensive, it is disingenuous to discussion.

That is what I was responding to in my previous post, so I don't know what you're referencing in your reply to me.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gee what a huge surprise this thread turned to a shitstorm within 3 pages I see FKNLOL

I'm in the can the idea camp, league accommodates enough worthy causes already.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has actually helped me alot with my 8 year old son.

He asked why the manly players weren't playing.

I explained because these certain players religion doesnt accept showing tolerance or support for gays. They have their own set of beliefs. They dont necessarily hate gay people. Its just what they beleive.

Son said, but gay people dont hurt anyone, so i dont understand.

I told him some religious people are like that and they are allowed to be if they dont hurt anyone.

Son said: "I hope I am not religious"
when my father was dying of cancer and in palliative care, and plenty of people close to my family (including relatives) never bothered to reach out or help or even subsequently pass on their condolences, I contacted my old priest long retired and in poor health himself but who was good with old man... I simply told him my dad was about to die and that we were at Concord Hospital... "I'm on my way," was all he said and he was at the hospital within 30 minutes, gave my dad his last rites and talked about the old days with him even though my father was by that time out of it and then did the funeral service, too, at both the church and cemetery

but yeah, what your son should know about faith he should learn on 'The Kennel'

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
About time men are standing up for what they believe in and don’t shiver in fear of being shamed or loss of money. However this is a pathetic trend that’s been happening for some years now where people lose their pay, jobs, shamed, all because they stick to what they believe and don’t bend the knee. Would love to see a gay be shamed for his beliefs in the nrl and is forced to sit out because he won’t partake in a “normal (straight) round”

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just reading about young fainu from manly, stabbing someone at a after church gathering, you know there was a funny old law enforcement saying many years ago, “monday to Friday they rape , bash , and stab and on Sunday they are the first ones in church”. So true.
Worked with some Tongan fellas great guys if they liked you. a few years ago. Were exactly as you describe. Well not the rapey shit. They basically said.

All is forgiven at church. Also mom will beat the bejesus out of them if they dont go.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a Clusterfuck. I wonder how 1000's of Manly fans feel about their Club forfieting a win for something that has nothing to do with footy.

Scrap that, who give a fuck what Manly fans think..........

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
when my father was dying of cancer and in palliative care, and plenty of people close to my family (including relatives) never bothered to reach out or help or even subsequently pass on their condolences, I contacted my old priest long retired and in poor health himself but who was good with old man... I simply told him my dad was about to die and that we were at Concord Hospital... "I'm on my way," was all he said and he was at the hospital within 30 minutes, gave my dad his last rites and talked about the old days with him even though my father was by that time out of it and then did the funeral service, too, at both the church and cemetery

but yeah, what your son should know about faith he should learn on 'The Kennel'
He doesn't read the kennel lol.... he is learning about your religion from influential people to him (nrl players)...

And whats a priest seeing you Dad got to do with anything? I'm an athiest and visited my work mates Dad on his death bed. I did it because I consider myself a good respect person. Not because of my beliefs.

Shit if the priest in your scenario only visited your dad because his religion told him to, and not out of the goodness of his heart. Does that make him a good person?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't read the kennel lol.... he is learning about your religion from influential people to him (nrl players)...

And whats a priest seeing you Dad got to do with anything? I'm an athiest and visited my work mates Dad on his death bed. I did it because I consider myself a good respect person. Not because of my beliefs.

Shit if the priest in your scenario only visited your dad because his religion told him to, and not out of the goodness of his heart. Does that make him a good person?
no, people like you are the good people

Status
Not open for further replies.