Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope, also rule out alcohol sponsorship too.
That's like Fawad Ahmed who briefly played ODI cricket for Australia. He refused to wear the sponsor's logo (VB) on his shirt for religious purposes. So this probably what Manly should offer their players however they may wish to remain nameless.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All for inclusiveness, love the concept as league is a game for all, just don’t think they way they went about it was right, and now to name and shame players is going to cause more hurt and divide between everyone. Unfortunately we as a country are not there yet, so hopefully having smart discussions bout it can bring the greatest game of all together doesn’t matter who you are and what you want to be. It’s not political it’s people. We are all people. The more we get to our game the better. Manly just handled it wrong, like most things manly do…
I don't think any country will ever be "there" as long as they have people who have religious beliefs that don't approve of homosexuality. And I am not having a go at religions here either.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Absolute legends. It’s funny that a majority against the clear infiltration of a political ideology are from minority groups who get targeted by the same people who claim to care about em.
Leave sport as sport and politics far far away, just because it’s the hip new ideology twitter pushes doesn’t mean everyone has to bow to it and definitely not a sport.
Glad to see a majority of fans also believe in keeping sport political free. It shouldn’t be used to push a political agenda that in turn alienates people who don’t agree with said politics. The woke need to actually fuck off.
Go and create your own games and sports and have she/hers vs they/thems.
This may cause Manly to miss the finals, may reduce crowd numbers & they may lose players over this. Will someone at Manly lose their job over this? They really needed to talk about this before approving it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They have "Pointsbet" splashed across their chest, play at "4 pines stadium" while also playing alongside Dylan Walker every week. That's all absolutely okay though :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really pro homo just think it’s hypocritical that some of these players pull the religious card when it suits them. Also feel for the gay community that people are so outraged that they exist they they won’t play over a couple of rainbow stripes yet lace up next to women bashers no problem at all.. Unfortunately rugby league is not inclusive and never will be.
It seems the gay community are outraged that religious people exist. It is not a one way street.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do you have legitimate concerns about the gay community? They keep to themselves and are harmless lol you talk about them like they are zombies or something
Some keep to themselves and others flaunt it like the parade they have annually. If I dressed (or undressed) like they did during that I would be arrested.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good result in the end. The players have stepped down for the round and Manly respected that. Same thing happened in the women's AFL when a Muslim woman refused to play. Media tried to beat it up and cause conflict so she released a statement saying that she has the utmost respect for LGBTQI members but that she couldn't play due to her religion, and that was the end of it.

These guys won't play because of their religion and Manly accepted that. Problem solved.
It's not solved - it's a major issue. Manly could miss the finals because of it, the Roosters may make the finals because of it, players have been named & shamed & it has caused a rift in the club. This has corrupted an important game in the lead up to the finals. It has made religious people look bad when they probably only wanted to keep to themselves. It's a mess!

I just hope our club learns from this diabolical disaster.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do these flogs not like rainbow paddle pops too? Seriously you are on a shit load of money to play footy just wear the jersey and rip in. If you see a rainbow when it’s raining is that gay. Just a colourful thing. What douche bags

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the way the AFL handles it. They have a single round for it, and everyone gets to buy a new Guernsey. Sure it's mainly a cash grab, but it provides inclusion and any player that doesn't want to play, sits the round out.
The AFLW has a pride round & some AFL clubs wear pride jerseys but I don't recall an actual pride round in the AFL.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's marketing to the most part. It's an excuse to sell another piece of clothing, and it draws more people to the game. It also supports people who do still yet vilified for being who they are. But mainly it's for marketing purposes.
It won't draw more Manly fans to the game when 7 players have been forced to withdraw & what about Polynesian supporters who are religious? They won't go either. It's a disaster & a financial one too now.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference is that they are allowed to sit out. If they decided to have a Christian round and some people that you hate decided to sit out, that would also be cool.
Do you really think they would have a Christian round? White male Christians are the biggest targets of the Marxist Woke Left.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It shouldn’t be the issue it is and the more I think about it the more I agree there should have been some consultation with the players.
I bet there will be some Manly players who have to sit out looking at suing the club or getting out of their contracts. By being named they have been persecuted for their religion.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They dont get vilified at all....

It's the christians, muslims, hindus, straight people who get vilified as we never have our own big day out where we stop the entire traffic in the CBD and dance on national TV

aren't the majority of high court judges abcd? Are they vilified? Is Penny Wong vilified?

Why not just let it function in the mainstream like all other sexualalities and just shut the fuck up
Yeah! I want a parade so I can dance naked & twirl around my tallywacker too AND not get arrested (like last time).

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I literally had to delete a heap of posts in here attacking homosexuals, people calling them every homophobic slur there is.

As I pointed out at the time. Homosexuality is well accepted in Australia. But that's thanks to efforts of acceptance. It wasn't long ago that homosexuality was banned in Queensland, and people thought calling someone a bundle of sticks was the funniest insult there was. Gay marriage only became law a few years back.

Fortunately we have progressed. But there are still people who won't accept them. That's what this stuff is for.

Not the Manly thing though. That's not so much acceptance. That's just money.
It isn't for acceptance; it's about the Marxist ideology & divide & conquer. It's about the destruction of the family unit as well. Why are they sexualising kids & teaching them about gay sex in 1st grade? Why do they have graphic sexual books in children's libraries now?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We would have figured out who the players were anyway when they were mysteriously not named on the team list tomorrow..
That's why Manly should have scrapped the whole thing, but it was most likely going to be the Polynesians as they are know to be very religious.

Status
Not open for further replies.