Opinion Feeling Freddy to be dogs coach after origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Freddy will actually coach us is a bigger space cadet than Freddy is.
He’s the current NSW coach, so he’s closer to getting the job than you. What makes you think he’s got no chance of getting the job?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s the current NSW coach, so he’s closer to getting the job than you. What makes you think he’s got no chance of getting the job?
What are you on about? Did I say I was applying for the job? He can't coach club footy. He took the Roosters to their only spoon in the last 60 years. What makes you so sure he's a chance of getting it? Aside from a few clueless journos picking names out of a hat and some bullshit Dave Holland threads on here..

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he is appointed we go down to belmore and riot
Mate you are kidding if you would do that. If we pick another up and coming assistant coach that’s when there should be an issue. He’s been around a while now as a coach and he’s a former player who knows how to win on the field. Your not a Queenslander are you, you really don’t like him.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you hear Freddy after half time when walking down the tunnel talking to Peptide tits Gallen? He doesn’t have shit all answers or the vision of Andrew Johns, Thurston or a Cam Smith. This whole no meat crap has dumbed him down.
No meat dumb us humans down. I love that. Tell it to the cultish greenie shit for brains to leave our agribusiness alone, as we need the protein in meats so as to not dumb us down. Though elites WOULD prefer a more compliant dumbed down populace. I like this argument and yep, Fittler is living proof.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How’s the useless **** tupou and his roosters loyalty look now?

That fucking play before half time changed everything and cost the blues a try before half time.

Not other winger would be so fucking stupid.

Let’s trot would be sitting there in his couch saying you picked this **** Freddy?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did you hear Freddy after half time when walking down the tunnel talking to Peptide tits Gallen? He doesn’t have shit all answers or the vision of Andrew Johns, Thurston or a Cam Smith. This whole no meat crap has dumbed him down.
Walking back for 2nd half with Gal he actually said he didn't know the score and was surprised to realise Holmes hadn't kicked the goal....said he was heading back to the sheds and missed it.

The NSW coach didn't realise his team was up by 2 points at halftime and therefore admitted he didn't know the actual scoreline!

No way we want the clown at our club. Roosters can give him another try out if they want :grinning:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using Fittlers selection logic - JAC will be in NSW Cup and Okunbor and Lumelume will be the wingers because they are taller.

If he gets the Dogs coaching job it wont effect how i support the club but given his record, particularly in selections ( Tupou/ JAC, Talakai/Wighton) i cant see it working except maybe in attracting players n sponsors

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate you are kidding if you would do that. If we pick another up and coming assistant coach that’s when there should be an issue. He’s been around a while now as a coach and he’s a former player who knows how to win on the field. Your not a Queenslander are you, you really don’t like him.
I don't like him

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How’s the useless **** tupou and his roosters loyalty look now?

That fucking play before half time changed everything and cost the blues a try before half time.

Not other winger would be so fucking stupid.

Let’s trot would be sitting there in his couch saying you picked this **** Freddy?
Agree, totally swung the momentum QLD’s way at a crucial time and gave them confidence for a big second half. Prior to this NSW were on top.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Using Fittlers selection logic - JAC will be in NSW Cup and Okunbor and Lumelume will be the wingers because they are taller.

If he gets the Dogs coaching job it wont effect how i support the club but given his record, particularly in selections ( Tupou/ JAC, Talakai/Wighton) i cant see it working except maybe in attracting players n sponsors
Thats assumming that players and sponsors are deaf dumb and blind to the fact that barefoot yoga boy is a coaching dud..

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like him
Fair enough, I got no problem with your opinion. I’m not saying he’s perfect but we are running out of options. Hopefully our club really work hard and choose well.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats assumming that players and sponsors are deaf dumb and blind to the fact that barefoot yoga boy is a coaching dud..
A lot are - its the "hang around with the cool kids" type scenario - he is a darling of a significant part of the media. Based on his coaching cv there is no way he is a viable option - BUT its all about the marketing, perception, presentation.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot are - its the "hang around with the cool kids" type scenario - he is a darling of a significant part of the media. Based on his coaching cv there is no way he is a viable option - BUT its all about the marketing, perception, presentation.
Nah, I am absolutely convinced now that Gould would be committing career suicide if he appointed Fitler and I trust in Gus not to make such a stupid call..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dud Fittler..
1. Tupou ahead of JAC

2. NSW 2 hookers.. uneeded we can do 80mins with Cook or Api . The hooker on the bench added nothing. Then when teams were down 1 player he sidnt bring Cook on which would have been an ideal moment for Cook..

3. Jake T starting prop never plays that position in NRL.

4. Talakai on the bench.. And comes on in the middle.. He Never plays that position

5. RCG is in form and one of the best props in the game.. Overlooked due to Panthers issues going by media..

6. The Roosters Contigent A Crighton Tupou and Radley in the extended squad all had better players in their positions ahead of them.

7. S.Crighton Game 1 on bench game 1. Wasted bench spot.. Who has a centre on tbe bench?

.. im sure there are others..
Any NSW team picked is "Strong".. but a ln even stronger & better team could have been selected..

Fittler cost NSW..

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you pick an up and coming assistant coach to coach the Dogs, there is some risk. He may not have the capability to step up to the next level (like T-Baz) or he might take a while to find his mojo. If you pick the Space Cadet, you are getting a known failure at club and origin level. Picking the promising assistant means you might get another dud - picking Fittler guarantees you will get a dud!

And I really don't like him - but that wouldn't be a factor if he had ever given any indication he could coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.