Mole:- Flanagan Jr & Sr reject immediate move

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On 500k nxt year why would he leave, problem is Canterbury are the guys who signed him to this crazy cont

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking hell that would have been awesome. Daddy Flanno probably figures he will land one of the NRL jobs so he decided to stay. Titans, Knights and Dragons will probably also be looking for a new coach soon so there are plenty of jobs available. Hopefully he gets one and takes little Kylie with him

Why the hell is he playing FG anyway? He's so delusional he probably think he's doing alright and he might even a new contract in the NRL. He should be playing NSW Cup with BBO at 7.

Waiting for you know who to defend himself

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On 500k nxt year why would he leave, problem is Canterbury are the guys who signed him to this crazy cont
He’d still get his money. We would have to chip in but he would still get his $500k.

I reckon he is crazy not to take up the offer. Even if they offer him $350k a year he still gets his $500k next year with us chipping in $150k. He then gets another year or 2 at $350k which is a shitload more than any other NRL team is giving him

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WTF does his dad have to do with it

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Fucking hell that would have been awesome. Daddy Flanno probably figures he will land one of the NRL jobs so he decided to stay. Titans, Knights and Dragons will probably also be looking for a new coach soon so there are plenty of jobs available. Hopefully he gets one and takes little Kylie with him

Why the hell is he playing FG anyway? He's so delusional he probably think he's doing alright and he might even a new contract in the NRL. He should be playing NSW Cup with BBO at 7.

Waiting for you know who to defend himself
Why would the Dragons be looking for a new coach?
he is doing a great job blooding the youngsters slowly

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't see Kyle Flanagan here next year. Gus knows we need an upgrade at halfback and some club in the NRL or ESL will fool themselves into signing him. Considering he only has one year left on his deal after this year, he'll be much easier to move and working out what portion of his deal the other club pays will be much less complicated.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see Kyle Flanagan here next year. Gus knows we need an upgrade at halfback and some club in the NRL or ESL will fool themselves into signing him. Considering he only has one year left on his deal after this year, he'll be much easier to move and working out what portion of his deal the other club pays will be much less complicated.
Who plays halfback for us next year in that scenario? Have we officially signed Thomas Duffy?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who plays halfback for us next year in that scenario? Have we officially signed Thomas Duffy?
BBO off a strong off season is the plan.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Flanagan Snr lands a job here and takes Kyle with him. Still think the Tigers.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the Dragons be looking for a new coach?
he is doing a great job blooding the youngsters slowly
I'm pretty sure there was a rumour that Griffin is under pressure and may lose his job in the next 12 months (it might have been on NRL360)
I have NFI becuase I'm not paying that much attention to the Dragons

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone. It's not hard to replicate what Flanagan "offers" to the team. He's a liability in attack that if you rush up on him, the play is dead. Defensively he's solid but he's easily replaceable.

Whether we sign someone like Duffy, or a journeyman veteran short term solution while we wait and see if BBO, Rajab, Hayward etc can make the step to FG.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs halfback Kyle Flanagan has rejected a huge offer to move to English Super League immediately.

Flanagan has struggled to perform at a consistent level at Belmore and Bulldogs officials believe a couple of years in England would help him regain his confidence and reset his game.

English club Hull FC, coached by former Wests Tigers star Brett Hodgson, has made Flanagan an attractive approach.

But Flanagan, in conjunction with his father, former Sharks' premiership winner Shane, has dug his heels in and wants to remain at the Bulldogs under interim coach Mick Potter.

Flanagan's game has improved since Potter took over the reins but he still appears to lack the confidence and experience to steer an NRL team around the paddock.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is Dogs are rewarding him by letting him play FG.

I dont give a crap who plays 7 but if he's not the long term 7 then why are we persisting with him

Getting rid of Thompson, Flanno and Allen for next year would be the dream