News Matt Lodge

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was always impressed when Trent Robinson spoke about building character and strengthening the club and team through values to live by - not anymore - just a wordsmith - just because it is allowable to sign Lodge doesnt mean it is correct at any level.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was always impressed when Trent Robinson spoke about building character and strengthening the club and team through values to live by - not anymore - just a wordsmith - just because it is allowable to sign Lodge doesnt mean it is correct at any level.
This! If our club signed him I would be fuming, I won’t watch another game until his gone! It’s a disgrace, but it only cements what most people think about the way the nrlol is run! Probably the worst run billion dollar legitimate organisation in the world!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This! If our club signed him I would be fuming, I won’t watch another game until his gone! It’s a disgrace, but it only cements what most people think about the way the nrlol is run! Probably the worst run billion dollar legitimate organisation in the world!
I wonder how the presence of Lodge has and will impact the psyche of players who have witnessed or been the victims of any sort of violent crime and who have impeccable character.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tell that to his family ya fcukwit
It's fucking horrible what happened but trying to compare an accident to a bloke that literally threatened to kill people, broke into an apartment, assualted a family and held them hostage. "Drunken home invasion where no one was injured" lol turn it up, tell that to a 9 year old kid that thought them, they're dad and mother were going to die.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of you fuckers on this thread are fucked in the head with no emotional maturity.
Eww how will it affects someone psyche
Eww Wont somone think of the children.

Where were the outcries when he signed for the Gronkos?
Where were your outcries when he signex with Warriors?

Grow the fuck up the lot of you

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alot of you fuckers on this thread are fucked in the head with no emotional maturity.
Eww how will it affects someone psyche
Eww Wont somone think of the children.

Where were the outcries when he signed for the Gronkos?
Where were your outcries when he signex with Warriors?

Grow the fuck up the lot of you
There have been "outcries" since he was allowed back into the nrl.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's fucking horrible what happened but trying to compare an accident to a bloke that literally threatened to kill people, broke into an apartment, assualted a family and held them hostage. "Drunken home invasion where no one was injured" lol turn it up, tell that to a 9 year old kid that thought them, they're dad and mother were going to die.
All the information regarding the Molo incident is on public record online including the coroners report. I suggest you read it. Did you know he was suspended twice more the FOLLOWING season for illegal shoulder charges?
Also you didn't answer my question. What suspension should a player receive if they kill someone through an act of foul play?
Also, I'm not saying Lodge should be playing NRL. I don't believe he should be.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All the information regarding the Molo incident is on public record online including the coroners report. I suggest you read it. Did you know he was suspended twice more the FOLLOWING season for illegal shoulder charges?
Also you didn't answer my question. What suspension should a player receive if they kill someone through an act of foul play?
And what does any of this have to do with Matt Lodge? Nothing. So shutup.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How dumb are you if you can't even work that out? Try reading the post's before mouthing off, or can't you comprehend what you read?
Read what? The part where you came in and brought up a totally unrelated incident and said it was worse because?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read what? The part where you came in and brought up a totally unrelated incident and said it was worse because?
The post was intended to highlight the fact that some people would argue that there are other players out there besides Lodge that should not be playing in the NRL because their actions on or off the field have brought the game into disrepute. James Ackerman's family and many of my friends are of that opinion. You clearly have different standards and that's your opinion. Do not however tell me to shut up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The post was intended to highlight the fact that some people would argue that there are other players out there besides Lodge that should not be playing in the NRL because their actions on or off the field have brought the game into disrepute. James Ackerman's family and many of my friends are of that opinion. You clearly have different standards and that's your opinion. Do not however tell me to shut up.
So we ban players for life for accidents? Should Sean Abbott have a life ban too then?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's honestly a strange comparison tho mate.

One is an example of a shoulder charge gone wrong (which could happen to anyone tbh) that lead to a horrible death. But, the showed clear remorse for what he did and most acknowledge its an unfortunate risk of playing contact sport, as sad as it is.

The other is a player who terrorised a family, threatened to kill (from memory) and showed absolutely no remorse for what he did.

While it's true there are many stories of players behaving badly and not being deserved of playing professional sport, you've chose some strange examples to highlight it personally.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's honestly a strange comparison tho mate.
But, the showed clear remorse for what he did
But he didn't. He learned nothing. He was suspended TWICE more for shoulder charges the following season and has never once contacted the deceased players family. Personally I feel sick when I see his head on TV. Lodge should not be playing in the NRL but he's definately not the only one.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we ban players for life for accidents? Should Sean Abbott have a life ban too then?
Please. Really? Is a bouncer foul play that is outlawed in cricket and a bowler faces suspension after delivering one? FFS.... Molo was suspended TWICE more the following year for 2 more OUTLAWED shoulder charge offences! He showed zero remorse.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Please. Really? Is a bouncer foul play that is outlawed in cricket and a bowler faces suspension after delivering one? FFS.... Molo was suspended TWICE more the following year for 2 more OUTLAWED shoulder charge offences! He showed zero remorse.
Okay, lock him up. Happy?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also, I'm not saying Lodge should be playing NRL. I don't believe he should be.
WTF! ummmmm ... did your dog step on a bee?