News "News" More Burton media dribble

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There isn't a single 5/8 in the game that earns a million a season so it isn't realistic at all.
Media beat up making everyone anxious lol.....quick let's give Burton half of Canterbury Leagues Club plus all of the pokies machine profits.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media beat up making everyone anxious lol.....quick let's give Burton half of Canterbury Leagues Club plus all of the pokies machine profits.
What would you low ball him with to guarantee we miss out?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as he has shown promise and glimpses of brilliance, he really is more of a big boot at this point in time.

All his good play is still in the centres or slightly wide of the edges. He hasn't really mastered the role of the 5/8th.

So the question is.... what is he worth?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton is no where near worth a million dollars. Paying kids on potential is what had gotten clubs in so much trouble over the years. And he wont get a million from us either.
When in a few years he is as good as Munster and has runs on the board then maybe he will get another upgrade.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low ball him with? Lol
I'll let Gus sort it out. But I definitely will not be getting anxious over it.
I'm not anxious but IT IS the biggest recruitment call the club has had to make since they let Thurston go at the end of '04.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about you fuck right off Frothfield. I mean its been great to have a bulldogs player getting lots of hype, but this **** has to put a negative spin on it. Not that i expected differently. Just annoying.

Plus as much as i love Bomber Burton right now and think he could carry us to a premiership, if he doesnt want to stay when we offer him very reasonable money (more than what hes on now obviously), then he can also go! The club needs a loyal committed contingent thats getting their fair money. Gus will do the best he does and im believing for now, but our history doesnt bode well in letting go of guns. Anyways ive been sucked into the media trap i know. Ill stop.
I said in the off season on TK that we should build our team around Burton and make him our chief playmaker rather than just a "running 6" and got laughed at by some on TK. It's so obvious that Burton is the man at the Dogs and the other "playmakers" at this club aren't in the same class as him and never will be.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is no where near worth a million dollars. Paying kids on potential is what had gotten clubs in so much trouble over the years. And he wont get a million from us either.
When in a few years he is as good as Munster and has runs on the board then maybe he will get another upgrade.
The kid just walked into state of origin and played in a position he hasn't played in all year and looked like he's been there for 5 years. He's got way more than just potential.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The kid just walked into state of origin and played like he's been there for 5 years. He's got way more than just potential.
Exactly kids with potential show glimpses and have flash moments. Burtons attitude towards the game is second to none. At a young age looking as composed as he did it’s not a matter of coincidence or luck.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The kid just walked into state of origin and played in a position he hasn't played in all year and looked like he's been there for 5 years. He's got way more than just potential.
But he still hasn't done anything. Even Brenko lee played origin.. and Burton played in the same backline he won a premiership in last year so he didn't just walk into the team lol. So dont glorify it for more than what he did.
He is a top player but has done fcuk all at 5/8 so far which is what he will be playing for us or anyone else.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm with ya that Burton ain't worth near that but Munster is on well over a mill tis year. Throw in all the endorsement that he lost probably adds 100 to 120 a year on top too
Source: I've seen some tpa sponsorship contracts.
You've also got to pay on potential :/
Munster isn't getting paid a million per season by the Storm though, he has other sources of income though..

Burton will stay for less than a million a season and the only clubs that would be offering that are dead end clubs that are going to be irrelevant in the finals, if Burton wants to sign with them and throw his career away then he can go right ahead and do it.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he still hasn't done anything. Even Brenko lee played origin.. and Burton played in the same backline he won a premiership in last year so he didn't just walk into the team lol. So dont glorify it for more than what he did.
He is a top player but has done fcuk all at 5/8 so far which is what he will be playing for us or anyone else.
Thank fcuk Gus is in control is all I can say and people on here don't have the cheque book.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly, as good as he has been he still has a lot of development left in his game yet people want to pay him like he's a top 5 player. This is how you end up like the Knights with Ponga.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think 700-750k with incentives and is fair for Burton. For example, we really should be leaving 'Classic' behind and getting a jersey supplier that also makes boots, eg Puma. That way you try establish a third party for him in sponsorship. I mean why wouldnt you want someone with a big boot like Burton marketing your products.
Gus isn't a fool and I'm sure he has considered things like this where possible.