Opinion Potter should be our coach!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
No.

He’s also said he has no interest in it past this season.
I wonder if he still holds that opinion if they start winning consistently. He probably thought I dont want to be coaching a losing team

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if he still holds that opinion if they start winning consistently. He probably thought I dont want to be coaching a losing team
Yes he just said in the presser that when you have a win it gives you a different mindset…

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it entirely possible our new coach has already signed on and is having direct input to Potter and co?

Is it entirely possible Potter is actually auditioning for a assistant coaching job along said new coach?

Surely Sandercock and Furner are on the outer (if not already gone).

I hear Steve Turner is working with our attack at the moment.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I’m starting to agree with the suggestion of Potter being the coach. And I think it’s Gus’ plan all along .
Potter gets the bulldog culture, unlike those before him he’s freed up our attack. We’re scoring points now, that takes enormous pressure off our defence. I think he’s gone back to basics and coaches to our strengths. We’ll have more strength areas to come next year too.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s one game ffs. This is the issue with the higher ups in their decisions hiring did dean pay then Barrett, one said the right things “I’ll bring the dna back”, the other had a couple first grade wins. Can’t keep hiring men based on impulse or words they speak. We want to win the grand final not win a couple games here and there and act like we’ve achieved something.
Great game tonight though.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our last 4 Full time coaching stats:

Kevin Moore - 2009-2011 - Games Coached - 49 W: 27 - L: 22 = 55% Winning Strike Rate

Des Hasler - 2012-2017 - Games Coached - 155 W: 88 - L: 67 = 57% WSR

Dean Pay - 2018-2020 - Games Coached - 57 W: 19 - L: 38 = 33% WSR

Trent Barrett - 2021-2022 - Games Coached - 34 W: 5 - L: 29 = 15% WSR

Mick Potter has had good success in the ESL starting out with a 46% WSR with Catalans Dragons then increasing that percentage to a very healthy 72% at St Helens winning all but 19 of the 68 games he coached there. Dropped off to 43% at Bradford, then 35% at the West Tigers which was a tough time for not only Potter but the club as Benji and Farah were jealous of who had the biggest egos around that time and both eventually left. Overall his coaching career at these clubs has been a respectable 50% WSR.

Mick said himself he's learnt a lot since those days and is more relaxed and happy to be back coaching First Grade. He sits on 1 win from 4 games with us at 25% and if we can put back to back wins next week against the Tigers then that will go up to 40% and if we can make it 3 over the Sharks the week after that then his WSR goes to 50%.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes me think someone these kennel people are on the board making decisions.
What's so reactive though?...he's experienced. He got shafted by Farrah and Benji and an inexperienced board at the Tigers. He's turned the team around. He at the very deserves assistance position.

Last edited: