Opinion Potter should be our coach!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I said this weeks ago.

I don’t see why he shouldn’t be considered if he is willing to take on the job. Not sure why people are shouting this down. He has made definite improvements to our attack in a short space of time and other candidates who have been linked to the job are all pretty undesirable for various reasons.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He said it in an interview before the Tigers game.
Fittler said he wasn’t interested too, at one stage. Coaches say things they don’t mean sometimes to deflect from media scrutiny.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though one swallow doesn't make a summer the team's attack and defense has improved week by week and the question is, Potter as coach...?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL,
Coach loses, sack him
Coach wins sign him.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn't want a full time gig he said though

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mick Potter on the phone that landed him a job with the Bulldogs

From 4 weeks ago.

Potter said he has had limited contact with the players so far and has left team management to assistants while he gets his feet under the desk.

“My contribution this week was minimal, but the assistant coaches and Gus did a great job,” he said. “They prepared very well. I’m happy with where they are and they will give the best account of themselves.

“My thoughts were with Trent and for Trent, because I’ve known him for a long time and he’s a great guy and a great coach. I didn’t want to disrespect him and feel like I was stepping on his toes in front of the players.

“I wanted to help players move forward. For Trent, it was a tough gig and it probably wore him down a bit. He still has a future as a coach.

“It’s about being honest and direct. As an interim coach I can do it and I feel very free to be honest. Honestly, as a coach, that’s your number one attribute.

“I’m going to temper my words again, but making sure players know what it takes to be a good NRL player.”

He didn’t rule out taking the job full-time, but insisted he was happy to work as a temp and see where he ended up in the long run.

“I took the job for what it is, and I’m happy to have it,” Potter said. “If I keep my mindset like this, it will be better for me.

“That’s not to say I wouldn’t, but right now I’m just doing this job. I feel so much freer knowing that I just have a certain time to do.

“I am interim coach until the end of the season. For now, I’m worried about what I’m doing right now and I’m going to keep a cool head. »

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter should definitely be considered as an assistant coach. F.. bringing Dymock back. If we want a Dog as one of the assistants he's better than most. Him and Ennis could be good. I know he said he's not looking beyond this year but I think he just didn't want to get his hopes up and wasn't expecting the team to put in too many performances (if any) like today. Money talks remember. If he's going to get 100K more or whatever as an assistant NRL coach compared to coaching Mounties I'm pretty sure he'd be interested.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just like with Barrett, I want the man currently in the job to succeed. Seeing potter keep improving this team until we get where we need to be would be more satisfying then the other flops available. Give him time and evaluate his performance.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Potter needs to show consistency before he is considered and at this point, being an assistant would be ideal. He has earned the respect of the team in a very short period of time.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Kiss method" is how I always coached with great success and this is what Potter seems to be doing.
(Keep It Simple Stupid!)

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely improving attack, this week defence but Let’s see how he goes next week first. He didn’t say he wouldn’t be full time coach he said he’ll take it week by week.