Official Jack Hetherington signs with the Knights on a 3 year-deal from 2023

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was decent for us this year..but we have a pretty handy back rower coming next year
He wasnt even a backrower... He was a 1 dimensional running forward. Thats a prop.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good player but would have been expensive surplus next year.
7 and 1 are priorities

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We haven’t actually saved any money yet. All these guys were off contract. They would have been factored into Reed and Kikau signings.

JMK must have been on crap money with us to go to the dolphins on $200k per season. We must’ve been only a bit higher.
JMK wpuld be on more than you think.
Do not forget the club is forced to spend 90% of the cap. JMK is our main hooker. Think in terms of first choi e hooker money.

As for dolphins offer he had no other choice. Take the 200 or have no job

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasnt even a backrower... He was a 1 dimensional running forward. Thats a prop.
Disagree, I am disappointed Gould didn’t back his own view on Hetho. I think under the right coach he would have been an SOO player as Gould suggested.

A real shame especially if the trade off is we get that bitch Klemmer…

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Naden and JMK both need to be replaced with a wage though. Both were on just above minimum wage. The savings there are negligible. That’s why I say there was no saving. If JMK took Dolphins deal at $200k then we would have been paying similar or he would’ve just taken the option if we were paying him $350k or so.

Then Dufty and Vaughan are both off contract so no saving.

At best we gain about $50-100k from JMK and Naden if we replace with minimum wagers.
Again, jmk could be on 350k. Replaced by Mahoney.

Is backing a bigger chance at minutes or length of contract is better for his career then nsw cup…

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like I keep saying, never underestimate other clubs being willing to take on rejects from struggling clubs. Thankfully there are always clubs like the Knights, Warriors and Tigers etc that we can dump our trash on and free up some cap space..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bye fuckwit. Vaughan and Hetherington are leaving. Gus you better sort out his shit and sign Royce Hunt, Franklin Pele, Daniel Suluka Fifita or Sione Fainu.
Vaughan going? I hope he doesnt, hes actually been decent for his money. And i wouldnt want any of the players you mention. Pele looked good a few times i saw him last year, but he hasnt got a look in this year.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
*Football not soccer. ****.
There is nothing wrong with referring to the round ball game as "soccer". The word is derived from "association football".

Soccer, Rugby Union, Rugby League and AFL are all "football". In England Soccer has always been "football" because it was the dominant code. Here league was football and down south AFL was football, as a reflection of their respective statuses as dominant codes. When the soccer authorities announced their code was to be referred to as "football" , the NRL and AFL should have come out publically and told them to get stuffed, but they allowed them to get away with it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with referring to the round ball game as "soccer". The word is derived from "association football".

Soccer, Rugby Union, Rugby League and AFL are all "football". In England Soccer has always been "football" because it was the dominant code. Here league was football and down south AFL was football, as a reflection of their respective statuses as dominant codes. When the soccer authorities announced their code was to be referred to as "football" , the NRL and AFL should have come out publically and told them to get stuffed. but they allowed them to get away with it.
*football ... NOT soccer. Simples

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun , @Mutt Dafty will be devastated at this news and may need your consoling in changing to support Newcastle with your boy dickfingers, I mean elliot
Dickfingers? Surely you are not talking about the bloke who has been one of the leaders of Canberra’s pack and has only made 6 errors all season?

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disagree, I am disappointed Gould didn’t back his own view on Hetho. I think under the right coach he would have been an SOO player as Gould suggested.

A real shame especially if the trade off is we get that bitch Klemmer…
he didnt back his view because he knew he was talking shit. He had one good game running at Sam Walker..

Edgerowers are smart, tough silky muthafckers who are the full package these days and Hetho only knew how to run straight and hard at defenders. Mr Kikau is a perfect example..

That Bitch Klemmer has been one of the best forwards in the comp tbh... Would be happy to have the bloke back punching out metres for us in a heart beat.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Confirmed: Jack Hetherington has signed with Newcastle on a massive 2 ear deal.

Malla

Reaction score
Penalty machine? That's a bit harsh. His tackling technique needs work, particularly when he gets wrong footed by an elusive ball runner, but most of his penalties were given away for tackling while wearing a Bulldogs jumper. He was sent off against the Cowboys (right off not sin bin) for a head high tackle on Valentine Holmes where his arm contacted the ball then rode up. This was a couple of weeks before the crack down on high tackles began, and Holmes was not hurt in the incident, and was able to continue playing.

I for one will be sorry to see him go. He wasn't worth the money we were (allegedly) paying him, but, unlike some of our other recent signings, he gave 100% effort, and with the right handling he could have developed into a decent player,
……penalty machine

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he didnt back his view because he knew he was talking shit. He had one good game running at Sam Walker..

Edgerowers are smart, tough silky muthafckers who are the full package these days and Hetho only knew how to run straight and hard at defenders. Mr Kikau is a perfect example..

That Bitch Klemmer has been one of the best forwards in the comp tbh... Would be happy to have the bloke back punching out metres for us in a heart beat.
Klemmer..? You need a lobotomy …