Madge sacked

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno as head coach by himself, has not missed the final series in any year as a coach.

He took a shit Cronulla side and made them premiership winners.

Only thing he's guilty of is trusting his sports science gurus too much (leading to the peptides saga).

Flanno was the fall guy because ultimately he was responsible for all those staff under him.

A new coaching Flanno would ensure that never happens again, which is only a good thing.

He's got experience with rebuilds and getting results... however all this will amount to nothing if the club continues to sit on its hands and not sign him.

We miss Flanno, we may as well not bother as supporters anymore as any other coach will be past few years history repeating itself.
Do you really beleive that a top coach who pays attention to all the little details, to get the best out of his players, didn't know that his players were on the juice. Or that some of his players had a leap in performance and their performance statistics while others didn't and You really think he wouldn't have dug to find out what's making thag difference so he could get the last ounce of juice out of every player?

Imo he knew, he sure as shit knew IMO.

And then this "building the roster" don't forget the sharks RORTED the cap to build that roster.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno as head coach by himself, has not missed the final series in any year as a coach.

He took a shit Cronulla side and made them premiership winners.

Only thing he's guilty of is trusting his sports science gurus too much (leading to the peptides saga).

Flanno was the fall guy because ultimately he was responsible for all those staff under him.

A new coaching Flanno would ensure that never happens again, which is only a good thing.

He's got experience with rebuilds and getting results... however all this will amount to nothing if the club continues to sit on its hands and not sign him.

We miss Flanno, we may as well not bother as supporters anymore as any other coach will be past few years history repeating itself.
All without Kyle.

Those teams with Kyle would not get anywhere near the 8.

Small fact you forgot.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cmon bro, you really think that Gus is just sitting there waiting for applicants just because Kent, Hooper and Rothfield et al. are making up shit because he wont talk to any of them
There won’t be any applicants. I doubt they are even running a ‘fake’ process. For sure it was/is a targeted plan approaching only those they are interested in whether they are in a current role or not. Just like how they headhunt execs / CEO’s. They always have a back up plan and a warm pipeline

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There won’t be any applicants. I doubt they are even running a ‘fake’ process. For sure it was/is a targeted plan approaching only those they are interested in whether they are in a current role or not. Just like how they headhunt execs / CEO’s. They always have a back up plan and a warm pipeline
Lies, we waited for Kikau and Reed Mahoney to approach us before we decided to go for them.

Reactions: CCC

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if all the coach bullshit will push Gus to make a move....
There’s a good chance he has already pulled the trigger but keeping it confidential till everyone concerned feels the right time to make a public statement.

Reactions: CCC

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There’s a good chance he has already pulled the trigger but keeping it confidential till everyone concerned feels the right time to make a public statement.
I get the feeling the coach Gus wants is coaching another team under contract and will be announced at the end of the season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who you thinking? Sticky?
I hope not...

All honesty, I have no idea. Only info I have was from my sponsor source that is convinced Flanno is a done deal. That was 4 weeks ago.

I'm just praying that Bellamy rumour from the begining of the year is true but highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the feeling the coach Gus wants is coaching another team under contract and will be announced at the end of the season.
Yep there is no way Gus hasn’t made massive inroads into finding a coach.
Talk about not receiving any formal applications are him just taking the piss out of the media big time.
He is a very smart operator who doesn’t need to go through and interview candidates.
Agree to terms with the best possible and pay whatever is needed.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at anyone who thinks Gus is taking his time and doing nothing behind the scenes.

What club sacks a coach and doesn’t start looking for a new one immediately?

We won’t end up with another club’s sloppy seconds.
Exactly. Someone with half a brain can figure this out.