Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm happy Dufty has finally been dropped. It was long overdue and anyone is better than him.

But I have serious doubts about Averillo's defence, positioning and talk from fullback. I hope he plays well but hope people don't hammer him too much if he doesn't because he's playing a new position on a struggling team.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Averillo played a few minutes of fullback in our trial against sharks when we played in PNG I think it was. Went pretty good backed up and set up a good try

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy Dufty has finally been dropped. It was long overdue and anyone is better than him.

But I have serious doubts about Averillo's defence, positioning and talk from fullback. I hope he plays well but hope people don't hammer him too much if he doesn't because he's playing a new position on a struggling team.
I wouldn’t worry Defence and positioning wise I really don’t see how he could be worse than dufty

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo played a few minutes of fullback in our trial against sharks when we played in PNG I think it was. Went pretty good backed up and set up a good try
But he was a better player back then LOL

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry Defence and positioning wise I really don’t see how he could be worse than dufty
Like I said, anyone is better than Dufty. I just am worried Jake could get exposed defensively as well. But our options are very limited, especially with Credence injured.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said, anyone is better than Dufty. I just am worried Jake could get exposed defensively as well. But our options are very limited, especially with Credence injured.
I think he’ll go ok, probably be a bit rusty but that’s expected he hasn’t played there for a while.

Spewing credence is injured would like to see him get a run there, he looked really good in cup, consistent and probably one of the cup sides best this year.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF we get an upset win tonight over the Panffers, then surely Dufty gets an immediate release and heads off to the UK.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m gunna lay em on the line..ie my balls.. Doggies gunna miss Duffy tonight!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
ive no problems with his defence, at 6 he had edge backrowers running at him all day and his percentage was over 85%. They will obviously target him in the air tho.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ive no problems with his defence, at 6 he had edge backrowers running at him all day and his percentage was over 85%. They will obviously target him in the air tho.
Goal line or the last line of defence is harder than defending in the line though. We'll see how he goes. I hope he goes well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m gunna lay em on the line..ie my balls.. Doggies gunna Miss Duffy tonight!
Geez Mr 95. You'd do that for Duffedit?

Oh hang on re-read your post...says Miss Duffy....now I understand ;)

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If our defence is anything like last week, Leota to score his first try this season.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep but Dufty wasnt that great in the air either. Also I remember Barba having a horror run in 2011 under the high ball but he ended up turning it around and being stable under the high ball. Maybe all the coke he was snorting calmed his nerves....

So even if Jake has issues under the high ball in the first few games I see that as something that can be worked on. Organising the defence will be harder but again those are things he could learn.

If he succeeds there it will a massive boost for us because it means we have 3 really good spine players moving forward (assuming Burton stays obviously). Just need a bloody halfback