Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No. Bloke isn’t a fullback. Everyone has this weird fascination of playing blokes out of position.
Would you move him in one to get more involved at centre?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo pace gets us 2 tries on the weekend and he was defensively strong, so we are weakening one position to strengthen another. Id rather Kiraz to play centre and Allen wing, but same things, we are weakening the wing now.
I hope we stick with Kiraz on the wing for his ability under the high ball, and strong returns.

Allen's strength is his ability to set up his outside support .... too slow for fullback and the wing, much better suited to the centres in my view.

Very happy to see Averillo get a shot in the position many think might be his best.

Potter will have some good advice for young Jake.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we stick with Kiraz on the wing for his ability under the high ball, and strong returns.

Allen's strength is his ability to set up his outside support .... too slow for fullback and the wing, much better suited to the centres in my view.

Very happy to see Averillo get a shot in the position many think might be his best.

Potter will have some good advice for young Jake.
I hope Potter gives Avo at least till the end of the Year at FB, because if he dosen't make it at FB with a former FB coaching him, then the club can let him go.
However if he were to make it (I won't use the term supprise us), then we will have solved 1 of our important spine positions, with 1 of our own born and bred.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Allen to centre has a passing game to feed kiraz good ball.
Kiraz to stay on the wing for his tough carries and is a attacking option for the high ball.
Averillo fullback. Because fuck it we need to try something. Has speed and play making abilities. But suspect in defence and under the high ball

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo said in an interview that his best positions were 5/8 and FB. I think we have tried him at 5/8 (or maybe it was 1/2, but I don't understand the difference anyway?) so maybe FB is his sweet spot. It would be funny if he turned out to be a champion FB and Bulldog had him on the books all this time with him saying he was a good FB, and Pay/TBaz et al just never though to try him there! Wishful thinking maybe. Has he actually played FB in the lower grades? Still think JAC is best FB option and that Kiraz should be in the centres not on the wing.

Lewis

Waterboy
Reaction score
Avo said in an interview that his best positions were 5/8 and FB. I think we have tried him at 5/8 (or maybe it was 1/2, but I don't understand the difference anyway?) so maybe FB is his sweet spot. It would be funny if he turned out to be a champion FB and Bulldog had him on the books all this time with him saying he was a good FB, and Pay/TBaz et al just never though to try him there! Wishful thinking maybe. Has he actually played FB in the lower grades? Still think JAC is best FB option and that Kiraz should be in the centres not on the wing.
i reckon just give avo til the end of the year at fb, jac hasnt got enough ball playing ability imo (would be like an alex johnston at fullback), kiraz at wing because of his runs out of trouble and takes under the high ball, just hope we can string a couple solid wins together, dont really care who plays where or who the coach is if we are winning

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got a good feeling about this game, even though every part of me knows I shouldn't.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wests Tigers beat them last year in a similar set of circumstances. I remember the fans carrying on like they'd won the GF.
There's a huge amount of talent missing this week. We can win this.
they've still got a better pack and outside backs, probably better halves too but i havent ever seen them play

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed changes to our playing style the last 2 weeks ?

I can’t recall Jacko doing much ball playing (which is probably why we are scoring points). But just wondering if any others on here who watch the games closely have noticed anything

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can’t recall Jacko doing much ball playing (which is probably why we are scoring points). But just wondering if any others on here who watch the games closely have noticed anything
Yep and Kyle was running onto the ball last week and going to the line before passing. Also Burton playing both sides

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

No changes to style imo but Flanagan was playing on the ball a lot more and at least tried to play straighter and further into the line than he previously has. Basically all our attack came off Dufty though lol